ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox with ITG panel filter for 182.

BlackGold 182
im with quade on this one, definaltly extra noise but i also gained power from it over the pipercross viper. assuming the matched inlets gave me 10bhp, the v6 airbox and samco 90' bend gave me 8bhp

DSC00466.gif

where do u get the bracket on the right hand side of the airbox?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The V-6 airbox seems to have a large single cold air feed instead of the twin ones on the 172 'box.
I know that the guys racing in the cup challenge use the V-6 airbox with a performance filter.They also have extra pipework feeding lots of cold air into the filter.
I went out in one of the cup race cars at Brands Hatch in January when we had the marshals track day there. It was awesome!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The metal bracket in photo is part of the battery tray. The rubber strap comes with the air filter box from Renault.

RS RIP
^^ what car Andrew ? It fits in any case, it's TIGHT but fits. Cutting off the edge of the induction-elbow will help a lot to wedge it in.. Do'nt have the car around, sorry i can't give you the dimensions

Williams 2 & 200
Got mine fitted yesterday with the standard elbow and the caf running behind the passenger headlight drawing air from where the acoustic valve used to be but not down into the arch though. I'll try and get some pics up later

I have the stock airbox without CAF,do you thing I have lost power?

I have too the v6 airbox,45º degree and 110mm CAF but I have not fitted it yet,do you thing my power will increase when I fit it?

RS RIP
^^ my guess is that the "round" /cilinder shaped V6 box is better for airflow in comparison to the square one. Worked for me anyway

Williams 2 & 200
Has anybody noticed any MPG difference after fitting this? The reason i ask is i'm sure mine has gone down by about 5MPG after fitting the Airbox and removing the valve but i haven't been for a long enough drive yet to test fully.

Clio 182
Has anybody noticed any MPG difference after fitting this? The reason i ask is i'm sure mine has gone down by about 5MPG after fitting the Airbox and removing the valve but i haven't been for a long enough drive yet to test fully.

Had mine fitted approx 3months and noticed no difference to the MPG. Still getting around the 34ish on a combined run and on a motorway blast trip is saying 38ish. I removed the acoustic valve too...

Though with it now fitted, I more often than not plant me foot so you/I hear the induction growl, does wonders for the MPG :D :eek:

Williams 2 & 200
Had mine fitted approx 3months and noticed no difference to the MPG. Still getting around the 34ish on a combined run and on a motorway blast trip is saying 38ish. I removed the acoustic valve too...

Though with it now fitted, I more often than not plant me foot so you/I hear the induction growl, does wonders for the MPG :D :eek:

Yeah its addictive isn't it. I'll see what its like on a longer run before I make my mind up, cant seem to get above 28 atm :dapprove:

Clio 182
God darn fat finger syndrome lol, now* haha!

I have the benefit of a 24mile (national speed limit) daily commute to work, so that bumps the MPG up a bit, but if I've had a naff day I take the lanes home!

But to go back on-topic, nope, not seen any drastic or dramatic change in fuel.

Qashcow
ive told my insurance company absolutely everything, then my ass is covered. ITG filter with renault espace airbox shouldnt make any difference to premium though