ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox with ITG panel filter for 182.

Qashcow
192 bhp with inlets, V6 air box and some pipe messing?? okkkkkk :S

192.4 to be picky. want the 2 printouts as proof? healthy low mileage engine on a cold winters day (but in a closed room at powerstation) and essentially a closed induction system straight from the upper PH1 bumper.

anyway, thats just the induction side ive mentioned in previous posts....... remapped ecu etc wasnt mentioned as it had nothing to do with the original post

RS RIP
the inlets did you very good then !

Mine was also around the 190 before cams, just exhaust + uprated filter so it's possible. The way an engine is run in says a lot about the power it will make later on i think.

These engines, when warm (!) , should see redline very often to make good power with age i think. W.O.T. !!

wide open throttle lots + lots

Black Clio 182
see my car has been mapped to the standard box so changing it really would just be pointless wouldnt it.

Ph1
190+ bhp without cams, you have to be having a laugh.

Not a chance

Search ''rolling roads'' - there only as good as what the operator types in

I went to renault with the dyalogys code and he said me that the code doesn't exist.I need more info about the espace v6 airbox,please help me.
Need motor code and chasis please

Last edited:
  Ph1
I went to renault with the dyalogys code and he said me that the code doesn't exist.I need more info about the espace v6 airbox,please help me.
Need motor code and chasis please

Go to Autotrader, hunt down the correct car and note the reg number down. This is what i do when needing parts i dont have codes for from other vehicles ;)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
im running an itg filter in my ph1 air box and it sounds nice duno about gains though

Qashcow
LOL

Search rolling roads on here. You'll understand the crack then ;)

i dont quite get that tbh? im very aware that rolling roads are all different and all will read different figures to the next one down the road.i know that readings are affected by all sorts of pants stuff like air temps, weather/air pressure, altitude and calibration etc, the clio is by no means my first fast car so im aware of that.

either way, one day it made 174bhp and on the same rollers (on a cooler day though as said somewhere up there ^ ) it then made 192bhp after i had completed the extra work.

the first RR was at a CS RR day and many other clios (and hondas/nissans) were making fair/average power so we know that they are not over reading especially much if at all, the second reading was also done on a day where 2 other clios were sat on the rollers but neither were std so cant compare. one is ITB'd and cam'd, the other has plenty done too

at the end of the day, the car feels smoother and more free flowing than before and numbers are only numbers anyway:approve:

regardless of air temp if you are looking at the corrected figure it will take that into account.

Post up your graph :)

Qashcow
2009_04_28_0887.gif

2009_04_28_0886.gif

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
I dont think there is anything wrong with bombers rolling road result. Heres mine from the same rolling road. 202.4bhp 163.5 ft/lb. The same day bombers was rolling roaded adeyspecs throttle bodied ph1 172 made 205 bhp. With catcam 428's fiited with his itb's adeyspecs car made 214.9 bhp and 170ish ft/lb. DanR's 182 with throttle bodies and catcam 428's on the same rolling road made 218.9 bhp and 170ish ft/lb. Not so unrealistic in my view. If anyone is interested burp is running a rolling road day on may 30th at powerstation.

DSC00997-1.jpg

RS RIP
Franx, you made 190bhp with just a filter and exhaust, or was that with a re-map to suit?

I do'nt want to rain on Andyman's parade , but mine indeed made 190 at the fly without cams. This was without cams, but with a good filter setup and a decat exhaust + Fastchip.nl remap .

Now with cams (being Colombo & Bariani) it's making about 200 at the fly.

Andy, this must have been a correct reading as the cars after me ( i stayed and watched because i did'nt trust) made the right HP. These rolling roads i went to are used to measure the power on their own racecars (Supercar-Challenge cars) so they keep them up to nick ; the readings must be true to them because of the racing.

As i said, when a car is "run in " right, a lot of wide open throttle , they can make a very good result later on.

Last edited:
Right, ive got my hands on one.

Am i right in thinking that all i need is...

- 102mm hose
- 90 degree 70mm Samco hose

Would a 45 degree samco hose be better? and would it fit ok? Im not moving the battery here...

Cheers.

Last edited:

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Right, ive got my hands on one.

Am i right in thinking that all i need is...

- 102mm hose
- 90 degree 70mm Samco hose

Would a 45 degree samco hose be better? and would it fit ok? Im not moving the battery here...

Cheers.

got mine this week also

filter ordered and samco hose

182 Trophy (#27/500)
I have a 90 degree bend and mine fits. Its very close but i didnt have to move the battery

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
did you get the itg filter mate ? if you did where did you get it from and how much was it if you dont mind me asking ;)

merlin motor sport

same filter for the 172 ph1

was about 40 notes in total with delivery

bh-203 is the one you need

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
so good

need to sort caf out yet

sort of left the 1 caf for standard box pointing at it and it sucks from the engine

seems well nice atm

Golf GTD Mk7
doesn't look long enough that filter, presume it's just the pic though? Is quite cheap that. Was going to get the ktec one, but no point really with the ITG being around the same price

Golf GTD Mk7
so good

need to sort caf out yet

sort of left the 1 caf for standard box pointing at it and it sucks from the engine

seems well nice atm

Probably best to remove the acoustic valve and then run the new CAF down there. Either that, or place the caf hole facing down towards the gearbox, then run the caf down to the lower engine cover. maybe put a hole in that.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
need to sor my acoustic valve

not get time lastnight

still using it to the box now lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Probably best to remove the acoustic valve and then run the new CAF down there. Either that, or place the caf hole facing down towards the gearbox, then run the caf down to the lower engine cover. maybe put a hole in that.

I've removed my acoustic valve and foglight, and run a feed up from there to behind the headlight. the airbox has a 6" / 9" rubber hose coming off it pointing towards the headlight. that way it can sick in plenty of air but hopefully the CAF should supply plenty of cooler ambient air to it

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
I've removed my acoustic valve and foglight, and run a feed up from there to behind the headlight. the airbox has a 6" / 9" rubber hose coming off it pointing towards the headlight. that way it can sick in plenty of air but hopefully the CAF should supply plenty of cooler ambient air to it

wuld love that rubber hose

Golf GTD Mk7

can't picture the hose you mean. Any pics?