ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 First Clean

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Woke up slightly hungover and my usual cure is bacon and car cleaning, had a good run in the V6 Sunday afternoon too so was a bit dirty. Will be having a full machine polish to try and get it to 100% perfect (or as good as I'm capable of!) so this was the start with a good clean, deter, iron-X, and clay to make sure the paint was ready, and then the weather wouldn't let me continue! Good result of the day was that the wheels are perfect, did think there was some burnt on brake dust that I wouldn't be able to shift and would have the get a refurb but luckily not!
Has just ticked over to 44k miles too.

First up wheels done, will have them off and all the arches cleaned and dressed at some point soon but for now at least they're a little shiny!

IMG_5568_zps9be3a2ab.gif

IMG_5572_zps66ffcdf1.gif

The muck from a wet run out:

IMG_5569_zps3400f5e2.gif

IMG_5570_zps72599588.gif
IMG_5571_zps1d2bf133.gif

Seems like it's got some better protection on it than I thought too which is nice.

Foaming Hell

IMG_5574_zps9eb1fc8b.jpg

IMG_5575_zps16d465df.jpg

IMG_5582_zps6b9afc20.jpg

IMG_5580_zpsf275c972.gif

Was a few very bad random tar patches on each panel which I sorted, and also a full clay to get rid of anything else still stuck on after IronX'd which gave nothing. Hoing we have some good weather soon, think I'll book a day off work and try to get a real good polish and headlight correction on it.

Plans to come:

New steering wheel as this one has melted a little.
Recaros.
New wipers/bulbs etc.
Centre cap.
Polish within and inch of it's life.
Get a few more miles in the sun.

Better pictures to follow but it's currently hiding in the car port until the rain hold off enough to get it in the garage dry!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
That's come up well, lovely colour (I am biased lol)

You need a new wheel centre cap bro.

I know, just need to get to Renault to try and buy one!

Thanks for all the nice comments, does have quite a few marks as the previous owner has used a cover and kept the car outside so needs a good machine polish, but looks mint from 2+ feet away.

I love it!

I know, just need to get to Renault to try and buy one!

Thanks for all the nice comments, does have quite a few marks as the previous owner has used a cover and kept the car outside so needs a good machine polish, but looks mint from 2+ feet away.

I love it!
What sort of cover? I've got a custom fitted one that I've used a few times in the past. It didn't mess up the paintwork.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
What sort of cover? I've got a custom fitted one that I've used a few times in the past. It didn't mess up the paintwork.

It's a proper fitted one, he said it cost him £600 new!
To be fair I might be wrong but would make sense to me with them being very light and fairly consistent on the car.