ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very cheap, very good Wheel cleaner!

Maybe you're thinking it actually is a £10 product rather than something like it's real world cost of £5.

This was my thinking, because it works for me. If I sell a few for no gain to CS (say 15) I'd be perfectly happy having 45 bottles @£1.15 to keep and use as needed.

Twingo Dynamique
ont tell anyone about those being allowed 3, and limit the number of bottles per person if you want.. :L :) alternatively, wait until everywhere is sold out over the country, and flog it out of your boot at CSS like the eastern europeans do with odd vegetables at the local car booty or lay by... :L

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
​Compared to...?

Compared to nothing else as tbh I use the stuff from autosmart and their wheel acid if need be. The fact it's on tap helps. One of the valeters tried it and didn't rate it either. I have an unused bottle, if I can find a suitable box some one can have it.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Fancy selling me a few bottles mate?

​Cant find any anywhere around here. Cheapest place is morrisons for £4

Inferno 225 cup
Heez, it took the manager ages to order it as he had to apply £9.99-£1.73 price match to EACH ONE!

Javva, wonder wheels!

Clarkey, that's more weird/impressive than my purchase! You work for them?

Aye sure do pal, the feet are facing the wrong way tho :)

Fancy selling me a few bottles mate?

​Cant find any anywhere around here. Cheapest place is morrisons for £4

Jaff of course mate, I'll be making a GB thread soon once I've worked out postage. Might actually work out cheaper than going to Tesco yourself!!

60 bottles..... Forearms you are a true hero!!

Nay worries, Andy! I'll by in touch :)

If you do decide to sell a bunch. Ill have some jd

Nay worries, JB - noted your request on DW.

Aye sure do pal, the feet are facing the wrong way tho :)

Ah really? I have just refitted them after having a carpet put down... cheers!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Just come back from Asda and they're selling Wonder Wheels universal wheel cleaner for £2 a bottle now. Not sure how it compares to the Hot Wheels one but bought 4 bottles of it.

Honda & VW
Just come back from Asda and they're selling Wonder Wheels universal wheel cleaner for £2 a bottle now. Not sure how it compares to the Hot Wheels one but bought 4 bottles of it.

So that's basically £8 down the drain then.... As all I'd use this stuff for is the clear your drains

Honda & VW
Well it looks okay to me... I'm not particularly anal when it comes to cleaning/detailing cars. I'd rather be spending the time out enjoying driving the things...

Possibly the wrong section for you then Pal. I'll stop talking about cleaning products and leave you to go for a lap round town

​Keep popping up hey, like moles

ygutenu7.jpg

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly the wrong section for you then Pal. I'll stop talking about cleaning products and leave you to go for a lap round town

Ha ha, love Goldmember

bet realnumber1 could remove that mole with his Wonder wheels

Flol, touchy aren't we...:rolleyes:

As for the product guess what, I used it as per the instructions and as if by magic the wheels were cleaner than before i started. Good enough for me and probably loads of other people...
I accept that you're saying it's not the best stuff for the job and once used I'll probably change to a different product but there's no need for you to come across as a tool...

Lol at not "safe" I suppose my wheels will disintegrate as I drive will they! And why the f**k would I go for a lap around town??:S Do you think I'm 17 or something?

Flol, touchy aren't we...:rolleyes:

As for the product guess what, I used it as per the instructions and as if by magic the wheels were cleaner than before i started. Good enough for me and probably loads of other people...
I accept that you're saying it's not the best stuff for the job and once used I'll probably change to a different product but there's no need for you to come across as a tool...

Lol at not "safe" I suppose my wheels will disintegrate as I drive will they! And why the f**k would I go for a lap around town??:S Do you think I'm 17 or something?

Fella, I think the reaction is in response to your attitude. You've bought a product that the "anal" ones amongst us have suggested is not great, but rather than accept that you appear to be taking the Michael... Driven not detailed, works for me, wheels won't disintegrate...

This section is here to help and is based on experience (a lot in some cases). The product you've bought is similar to a product used to clean drains and patios. Now, if you feel it works, that's great. You've bagged a bargain as it's £9 in Halfords from memory. But leave it on too long and your wheels will look dull. Use it too often and eventually the lacquer will peel as the acid finds its way through weak points. So that £30ish saving for four bottles turns into a £250 wheel refurb. Much in the same way that my buying cheap long life oil for my car will lead to a blocked pickup pipe and thus an engine rebuild (to put it in "driven not detailed" terms ;) ).

Honda & VW

JD has pretty much said it all, however I have fingers and a computer so may as well comment.

With reference to the above statement you're clearly showing your lack of understanding with your misinterpretation of the word 'safe'. combining this with your 'im not anal' and 'i'd rather drive than waste time cleaning' comments I feel this proves this is the wrong section for you lad.

Oh and as for the lap round town comment, bit "touchy aren't we"

Clio 172 Cup
Anyway back on topic went to local halfords in St. Helens and cleaned them out the hot wheels stuff on a price match @ £2.25 using receipts from you guys many thanks for that :clap: