ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista Beta 2 goes Public

Tesla MP3 2021
good stuff....will install it when ive finished vista dowload...

ooooh done 3gig already:)

there much scope for drivers at the moment?

Im using a bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse which tend not to work, which sucks.

So want to try it out aswell :(

Tesla MP3 2021
acording to vista upgrade advisor i sonly need to update my sound drivers and there is a beta creative driver:)

None
Ive got the 64bit version downloading but no webpage has shown up giving me the serial number :/ the first link on the page is still not working either. If anyone has a spare serial send me a pm or let me know when the first links working :)

172 Cup
Anyone having any luck?

Tried installing the 64 bit version but it's SOOOOOOO slow. It just sit's there for ages then a window will appear, then sit's there for ages and something else appears.

After 40 minutes I'd only reached 80% copying files....

Trying the 32 bit version now.

^ last time i installed it when it was a private beta, it seemed to takes years to install. PC aint that s**t either, 3.2 p4 n 1.5 gb ram - just takes a while : /

172 Cup
Perhaps I should have been more patient but it was painfully slow*. Will try it again with 32 bit as that's nearly downloaded now.

* - Not a slow PC either. AMD FX-57, 7800GT, 2gig....

my first ones still donloading with 2 hours to go, f**king shite internet, its gonna be 2am before its installed, grrr. its only goin 130kbs now :/

Golf GTI 1.8T
right I did the upgrade advisor and it said that I should upgrade my graphics card :( also it says that there may not be a driver for my bluetooth module on my laptop :(

is it worth me still getting it?

if you dont want the pretty GUI then yes get it. Bluetooth will work eventually when drivers are released.

aparantly even my home pc needs nowt doing to it !!!
its a bloody p3 860 with 512 mb ram and a gf 4600 !!
its a heap of shite !!!!!!!

oh except it doesnt have pixel shader 2 lol

nope, vista is the next windows operating system..therefore need to install it as one :0) not sure if you can just upgrade from xp. If you aint sure, id wait til the final is released, then therse more compatibilty with hardware available.

supose you could always get virtual pc and install it on that and see how it is.

Tesla MP3 2021
tryed to install the 32bit version on a second hard drive...didnt want to mess up mine....go to about 45% transfering file and keeps coming up with this error message...cant remember exactly what is said...summet about Local Machine and aload of numbers....now i deleated the partition and re-formatted the hard drive but still the same message......ive give up for now

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
its going to be buggy as sin anyway... all beta's are.... cant even get passed installing the fooker, yet to wait if it does install what problems it will have on run! lol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Well after an evening playing with it, i've gone back to XP :clown:

I know its a beta but jesus it was slow. It also seemed to insist on using cleartype even when i turned it off which i hate with a passion...

I'll come back to it in 6 months time I think.

im havin a bit of trouble. once ive entered the serial, and click next, im getting the error[SIZE=-1]

setup failed to open the windows image file.

so just reburnin it to disk to see if it changes anythin. doubt it will work tho :/
[/SIZE]

heh working now... well got past that part, if anyone else has the same prob, i reburnt the image to a fresh DVD using alcohol 120%

172 Cup
vista1.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
A little bit annoyed, downloaded 64 bit version, to see if i could upgrade.. but i cant cause im using a 32 bit version of xp :p pretty gay! :p so i got to do a clean install.. but 64bit should help the speed a bit :) just been looking at bench marks between them

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
tried to do an install on partitioned HDD, everytime it got to 3% i got the following error....
An error occured while copying setup files onto your local machine Error code is 80070241

Tried doing the CD again, but did not work :(

K20 EG Hatch
i downloaded the 32bit version that griff put up anyone got a serial for it? gonna have a go at installing it this morning when i get to work.

Focus ST
OOOoooo, keep this post going.

I want to know what its like. Sadly I'm a MAC owner, might think about moving back soon...???

None
Im downloading the 32bit version as apparently the 64bit one doesnt have alot of driver support and is alot more buggy so ive heard. The 32 bit version has now appeared on torrent sites for downloading

Tesla MP3 2021
tomehb said:
tried to do an install on partitioned HDD, everytime it got to 3% i got the following error....
An error occured while copying setup files onto your local machine Error code is 80070241

Tried doing the CD again, but did not work :(

i got the same errors...

so re-burning the dvd didnt work for you