ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista Beta 2 goes Public

Tesla MP3 2021
i can see my avatar on the last pic...

does look good.

so peeps who have got this working which way did you do it...

i.e from boot disk...clean install, new partition and format..then install.
or just installing over xp

SLK 350
I can't wait for everybody to start bitching when the first hacks/exploits/virii are set loose on Vista.

I'd be cautious of using beta software from MS anyway, but a beta OS - well that just seems like suicide.

Ford Fiesta ST2
I downloaded it lastnite so now have it. My only problem is don't have a dvd here, so what i have done is extracted the iso onto a virtual drive, then copied all those files onto my external usb hard drive. Set bios to boot from that but it doesn't. Surely that should work shouldn't it?!

Cheers

Alex

Ford Fiesta ST2
Biffons_Bridge said:
^^hmmm not sure about that.
cant you just install it straight over xp

Don't really wanna do that, wanna do dual boot so i still have the windows that works! Suppose i could always pop out and buy a DVD hahaha. Just thought it should run off my hdd.

Biffons_Bridge said:
^^hmmm not sure about that.
cant you just install it straight over xp

i don't think this is posible yet. certainly wasnt on the earlier beta. I'm back on XP now, you're not really missing anything tbh. I had a play with it, but its a lot more hastle than XP imo.

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah tbh ive seen s**t loads if screns and it does look impresive...but just not worth the s**t being beta:(

most people i know that have tried it, have all, well certainly most have gone back to XP within 2 nights at the most. I pretty much knew before installing beta2 that i would end up going back to xp the same day, but couldnt stop myself from installin it to see what its like first hand. I personally found that the control panel and My Computer are very anoying, but thats probably because ive been using xp for so many years. the GUI looks impressive, yeah, but imo not worth the extra resources it uses compared with XP.

Biffons, maybe try what i told mitch, download a virtual PC program, and try installing it on that, then you can see what its like, without burning to DVD, or risk of anything going wrong with your current XP install, and after you are done with it, can easily just uninstall the virtual pc program and its all gone.

Ford Fiesta ST2
If you have a 2nd partition already set up you can install vista on it from within windows xp by just running the setup instead of booting from CD. Quite handy.

K20 EG Hatch
everything on it is working minted for me now :)

Except... lol

get limited or no connectivity error through me wireless, anyone had this or cured it?

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
Biffons_Bridge said:
i got the same errors...

so re-burning the dvd didnt work for you

nope did not work, an i also downloaded it again :) lol u got it working yet?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm not sure if I should install this or not, I'm interested in opinions from anyone who has already installed this.

sneeks said:
I'm not sure if I should install this or not, I'm interested in opinions from anyone who has already installed this.

I think you have to install it for yourself and make up your own mind imo. Personally, i prefere XP much more, as for me, it runs quicker and i know where everything is, and how to change everything... on Vista, its like they've tried to make it easier to use... but failed. Altho thats most likely because i'm used to xp so much. I'm definatly going to stick with XP until they stop releasing updates for it.. and even then i may continue to use it.

Storm_Force said:
Yep get dreadfull downloads speeds, will take over 400 hours LOL

jesus, lol. You tried bit torrent? ive seen it knockin about on there loads this past week, should only take a few hours too.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
mind you don't get an old build off the torrent sites though, i have had like 4 or 5 of them now and they vary quite a lot, i've just got the offical one so i'll try that when i get my proper computer working.

K20 EG Hatch
well after a weekend of using it I am going to reinstall windows xp pro. Its good dont get me wrong but is so damn slow!
Another anoying thing is that everytime i boot into windows i have to reconect to my router :s
I think it will be better if my machine was faster (Centrino 1.7GHZ, 1GB DDR2ram, 128mb ATI Radeon). f**k me you need a monster of a spec!

As father and son....
anyone whos not using their key anymore pm me , the bloody things eaten 2 keys and i cant get anymore

Tesla MP3 2021
i re-installed vist today after re-burning the dvd.
great got everything working and started to installed a few things.
got an anti virus recomended by windows to run with vista..installed great, scanned and then said needed to reboot....so rebooted then comes onto the bios and after checking my cd/dvd drives for boot disk it says no operating system.:S:S

has this happened to any 1 else

Beta ;)

You sure your BIOS is set to boot from the right device?
Maybe Vista is installed to a secondary hard drive? Or something?

Tesla MP3 2021
^lol...yeah thought as much...

no cos it booted off my dvd drives ok to install and rboot by other hard drive fine...i just took out this hard drive and put a spare in to install vist

Tesla MP3 2021
ahh have a look anyways in abit just to check..
but wanted to know if people have restarted vista ok

Tesla MP3 2021
tryed changing the boot setting but still the same...i think the hdd im using may be carrupt as my dad managed to restart no worries:(