ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want a NEw DSLR

TeZ

Non RS : (
Right i broke my Canon EOS 350D

Kind of want a NIKON

Any one got a any ideas?

Also dont worry about lenses etc i no what im at,

Got any good websites to buy from apart form warehousexpress

D

dick

what about all your canon lenses?
will go to waste surely unless you stay canon?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have a 350d, but when I was looking I had a play with a few of the Nikon models.

TBH if you are looking for a SLR that is easy to use with good features stick with a Cannon such as the 400d. You will be able to use all the lenses that you currently have plus you will already understand the menu and settings.

On the other hand if you are looking for a relativly cheap option have a look at the new range of Pentax SLR that have just been relaesed

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/?/photo/digicameras/Pentax.html&gclid=CIugserCi40CFSdPEgodGSJRpg

Great bit of kit and the images with the standard lense are spot on.

A4 Avant
I'd stick with Canon. I've had four of there cameras now. Only my latest one is a DSLR. Whenever I've researched purchasing a new camera, Canon has always been either at the top of any reviews or very close.

I had a play with a Nikon in the shop when I bought my 350d and I prefered the way the Canon worked and to me with the comparison images I saw the 350d had better image quality.

I haven't used a 400d but if my camera breaks I'll be going with Canon again!

The 400D is great, I'm sure that if you look around I praise it in most threads regardless of the topic :)

I've had some great pictures from the kit lens, but if you already have several lenses I think you would be mad to change to Nikon.

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

I'll stop there :)

All with the 18-55mm lens that comes as standard, what lenses do you already have?

I would also directly compare price by price for what you get from Canon and Nikon, this may help you make your decision.

M135i
while we're on this topic, sorry to hi-jack TeZ. im off to buy a new DSLR this afternoon. dilemma though, D40 or Oly E-400? both about the same price.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
mwahahaha - only d50 pictures, my mate got a d40 last week and the colours are alot more vivid on auto but on manual mysettings just win!

let me get home and i'll post some pics!

M135i
excellent matey, much appreciated. i'd go for a D50 but i cant find any round here, or anyway that i can get one before friday (ive got a wedding to shoot, talk about last minute!!) i wanted to buy ukaskews D50 he's got up on here but he hasnt got back to me yet. too bad the cash is waiting! :(

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Nikkor AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED lens
not the best lens in the world IMO but still....good piece of kit there

M135i
you bugger! lol. i would get bidding, but i need it for friday. im off to my local independant shop now to see what he's got on offer :)

Meg 225 with cup packs.
I'm currently getting the DSLR urge. I've read what seems like thousands of reviews but still can't make my mind up whether to go with a Nikon D40x or a Canon Eos 400d, i think i'm leaning towards the Canon just slightly only for the fact that they do a wide range of lenses.

Anyway this site keeps an eye on all the latest prices, pretty good i think.
Don't forget also that Nikon have a £60 cashback and Canon are doing £50 cashback at the moment, which may help in your decision.

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

I'd avoid the d40 personally, serious lack of lenses to choose from! Save for the D80 or go D50 or D70...

Did you break your 350D from abuse, maybe upgrade to the 30D?

M135i
Lol, now you tell me. Well i purchased the d40 today. Had a play earlier and im very impressed already. Roll on pay day for some new lenses etc :)

M135i
used my D40 at a wedding yesterday, all i can say is... wow! blown away by the versitality of it compared to my creative compact (Oly SP-350) love it. think ill be getting a lens addiction too :) cheers for the recommendation guys.

M

mij29

I'm currently waiting for my canon 400d to come should be here by monday.
Can't beleive the pics you get wih the standard lens. OOOH i'm so excited!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=140134701534&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004

Wait till you get a lens addiction and it all goes down hill from there :D

Ive already been lookin. Think the kit lens is good enough for a wide angle then i would like a 75mm-300mm and a macro lens. There thats another £600-£800 gone.:D
Going to look on Jessops then compare on e-bay, see if i can sae me self some pounds.

Wait till you get a lens addiction and it all goes down hill from there :D

Ive already been lookin. Think the kit lens is good enough for a wide angle then i would like a 75mm-300mm and a macro lens. There thats another £600-£800 gone.:D
Going to look on Jessops then compare on e-bay, see if i can sae me self some pounds.

It's to easy, p.s. buy something better than the 75-300 if you can :p check here for all the lenses and decent prices http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

If you want to save some dollar, give 'kerso' a private message on here http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php he owns this eBay store http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FLASH-CAMERA but if you contact outside of eBay you save even more :D , UK warranty and rebates can still be claimed if any are on...

enjoy..

p.s. yes I am a camera geek, so feel free to ask anything :D

Last edited:
M

mij29

cheers for that mate, i will ave a look at that and also bare you in mind if i'm stuck with out.

Monaro VXR
I got the 70 - 300 IS USM the other day for the 400D I quite like it image stabilizer is great when zoomed in fairly close to something.

Also use a sigma 17 - 70mm which I love.

But the money is adding up quickly as to how much I have spent on various bits filters, Decent tripod etc. I knew I was gonna spend a fair bit on the camera but only had it a few months and spent around £1500. And have lots more I want yet. Ah well its money being spent on something better than pissing it up against the wall.

M

mij29

Yeah, i'll want some filters. Polar, Grad. My god, it's getting out of control already and havent even got the camera yet.

M

mij29

What lens do you recomend then for my 1st purchase, want a zoom lens between £150-£300. and what is USM ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasonic_motor

This should explain what USM is, takes a couple of reads, but does make sense if you concentrate :)

Hmmm zoom upto £300, personally I would look at this, but it does depend on what you want to use it for, 28-135mm may not be right for what you want to take, there is a slightly cheaper 28-200mm without IS. If you use the discount code *cm2u-pr06* on cameras2u then you'll get it a little bit cheaper.

I think there is a 135mm soft focus lens for a fair bit cheaper. If you read around and look at peoples comments on the lenses you'll find one that will suit what you want.