ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want to replace Pipercross Cone Filter

Meg 300Cup
Just got the 182, everything is standard bar the Pipercross cone at the moment, not a fan of cone filters, makes a fairly decent noise but if its down on power its not really any use to me.

Completely new to all performance mods so i have no idea which filters i should be looking at, Either the standard box with a decent panel filter or an induction kit, or anything else

Heres the current filter:
photo.jpg

Cheers

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Standard box with std paper filter will be better than that. My IK ruined the throttle response.

The aftermarket panel filters are only good cos you can clean them rather than replace like the paper filters if you want to splash out £30 or so.

For the noise I just disconnected the CAF pipes to the std airbox - although I'm sure someone will tell me it's a bad idea to do that! Can't see the harm though, the air still gets filtered.

53 Clio's & counting
A ph1 172 airbox fits with a bit of a squeeze, and has been known to get a few more bhp than the ph2 airbox mate, if that helps

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
A ph1 172 airbox fits with a bit of a squeeze, and has been known to get a few more bhp than the ph2 airbox mate, if that helps

hmm, I'm not so sure. The standard ph1 elbow is definitely worse than the ph2. If you use one, get a silicon elbow

53 Clio's & counting
Good point danny, if you were going to go with a Ph1 box, then a silicone elbow would compliment it