ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wanted - Fault Code Reader - Bristol

Daniel Chapppers11 yellowbelly

Sorry chaps, first few names that popped into my head!

Anyone in Bristol have a OBD2 code reader I can borrow? Or offer some assistance.

Electrical fault warning light popped on this morning and car went into limp mode, limited to 3k rpm.

A quick search hints at water ingress or a TPS fault. Would ideally like to get it plugged in but for obvious reasons I'm limited to where I can drive it!

Cheers,
Sam

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a generic crappy code reader you can borrow? I could drop it over tonight at about 730? Save you driving it and breaking anything.

Failing that, my mate (with a proper machine) would plug it in but would want money for doing so because he's tight.

Tps is one unit so if it is that its a new throttle body.

But tbh it can be an array of things. Most obd readers won't pick up certain things.

Clip or rstuner would be best.

***edit***

Or Daniels mate.

Cheers all. Dan, I may take you up on that this evening.

I am a bit worried it might not actually throw up any faults on a generic one as there's no actual engine management light, just the electric squiggle in the box thing.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not a fan of the generic cheapy code readers, they point you in the right direction but rarely diagnose the exact fault. I'm more than happy to drop it over though mate, just let me know.
lemonnobby1 would be the best bet though, proper clip.

I have clip id be willing to do a test for you. i need power though.

Hi Mate,

Where about's in Bristol are you?

I can probably get it to you in fairness. If not, I'll go grab an extention lead, only just moved into a new flat so no power outside.

Cheers,
Sam

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Check out the new Bristol boy acting all local an' ting.

I'm sure it's nothing serious Sam, I love how willing this place is to help, always awesome.

CS is awesome. Agreed.

Lol at "local and ting". Dat is like well sauf landan ain't it geez.

What you shout have said it "alreet maaatee, I gotta propppaaaaa problem with my caarrr" in your finest bristolian accent.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
CS is awesome. Agreed.

Lol at "local and ting". Dat is like well sauf landan ain't it geez.

What you shout have said it "alreet maaatee, I gotta propppaaaaa* problem with my caarrr" in your finest bristolian accent.

Proparrrrrr*

Cheers mate.

Lemonnobby kindly offered his services above, but got back to the car after work and the electrical fault light had gone off (Sod's law) and replaced with a exhaust gas warning light. As the car was running fine, I opted not to drag him out in the rain and I'll get it in the garage ASAP to have a look over. Could be lambda etc...

I'll post the resolution when I get it sorted as it's been a pig searching half finished threads today.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Skinny and talk funny. Wear trousers that are slimmer than my wrists.

X

Just before I pop the car up for sale, thought I'd pop back in here and clarify that this issue is now resolved :)

Miraculously the French electrics fixed themselves on the same day (typical)! Been fine for the past month now.