ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WEC cars

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently they didn’t want one 😂

3AA03144-97B3-4C2C-992D-897D1DBDE8F9.jpeg

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Looks cool but weird without a big wing on the back
Yeah needs a cup spoiler

I agree that big wings are an associated feature of race cars, what we all look for. However if someone can get to a point they don't need one and still achieve high results - fair play you clever so and so! Won't have been easy to but let's hope it's worth the effort.

we'll be seeing some interesting innovations in motorsport over the next few years, I'm looking forward to it.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's clearly very clever in the aero department and absolutely different, but I'm not sure I'm a fan. Still, with the Hypercar class looking better and better I can't wait to see them racing.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Anyone see the end of the GTE Pro race (and championship) at the Bahrain 8hrs

Ferrari runs into back of the Porsche pushing the porker off track and as a result the Ferrari overtakes the Porsche. Then they get told to give the place back, they don’t give the place back and win the race and championship.

am I missing something?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Bit of a thread resurrection, could find anything more recent

Anyone seen the Porsche crash at Portimao, the car jumped the barrier and ended up in the seating area

Couldn’t find any videos on it

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Incredible ain’t it!

Mad Friday night, usual beers at Tetre Rouge?
Tetre rouge just isn’t the same 😱 we went last year and it’s a bit…. Family orientated!!! Big BBQ thing going on and a civilised band playing- no more weird piss room/dance floor!!!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Really! Ah well, your site or ours for some usual chaos. Scotland is coming so @The Chubby Pirate will keep us well entertained
Yeh it’s gone all upmarket. There was a really good free gig (Martin solveig I think?) on the Friday night last year on the GP circuit.

I’ve seen you lot are bringing a big old volvo bus n’aw. Just a shame it’s a derv but at least the correct cylinder count 🤣🫣 It might be more reliable than mine too but I’m sure we can get some one tyre fires going in Houx 🤣 what crossing are you folks on?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh it’s gone all upmarket. There was a really good free gig (Martin solveig I think?) on the Friday night last year on the GP circuit.

I’ve seen you lot are bringing a big old volvo bus n’aw. Just a shame it’s a derv but at least the correct cylinder count 🤣🫣 It might be more reliable than mine too but I’m sure we can get some one tyre fires going in Houx 🤣 what crossing are you folks on?

Should be some good concerts this year it being the 100 years hopefully. Martin Solveig is pretty decent.

We’re a bit split on ferries, some on the Portsmouth > Caen on the Tuesday night, I’m on the Newhaven > Dieppe on the Tuesday night. What’s you guys booked?

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Should be some good concerts this year it being the 100 years hopefully. Martin Solveig is pretty decent.

We’re a bit split on ferries, some on the Portsmouth > Caen on the Tuesday night, I’m on the Newhaven > Dieppe on the Tuesday night. What’s you guys booked?
Oh you guys go early init! We’re 9am Thursday. My 850 and some bellends in an EV of some sort. Told them we’re not waiting 🤣

Yeh 100 years and sell out should make it pretty special!!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
anyone been to Spa for WEC or GT racing?

Are the grandstands free to general admission ticket holders. I'd expect the main grandstand on the start/finish straight not to be, but I can't imagine the other grandstands dotted around the circuit being ticket only.

When we went to Le Mans in 2016 we only had general admission tickets and where allowed almost anywhere (paddock and all grandstands, inc the main one) for the free practice sessions. We were only stopped when qualifying and the race were on.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
anyone been to Spa for WEC or GT racing?

Are the grandstands free to general admission ticket holders. I'd expect the main grandstand on the start/finish straight not to be, but I can't imagine the other grandstands dotted around the circuit being ticket only.

When we went to Le Mans in 2016 we only had general admission tickets and where allowed almost anywhere (paddock and all grandstands, inc the main one) for the free practice sessions. We were only stopped when qualifying and the race were on.

For the 6 hour race tomorrow is says:

Ticket valid on 29/04/2023. Access to : tribunes, paddock, fan area (free activities), pit walk (access to pit walk subject to safety measures)

Tribunes being grandstands i think.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member

Have you seen the lineup? Bit disappointed !

Should be some decent retro action on track too I am hearing!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Have you seen the lineup? Bit disappointed !

Should be some decent retro action on track too I am hearing!

If a 787B isn’t wheeled out again I’ll be a little sad…!

Think the music is Razor Light and Bob Sinclair. Think Razor light played the first year we went!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Anyone watching the Le Mans qualifying/practice coverage

That NASCAR car is f**king loud, it’s probably louder than the Cadillac hypercar.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It’s been a bit wild! United Autosports nailing that Porsche was a bit brutal.

Been some great wheel to wheel racing in the Hypercars too.

Here comes the rain!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Shame they'll be no LMP2 cars after this year 😏

Hypercar and GTE only from next year.

Glickenhaus drivers have been shocking, so many offs 🙄

Ferrari and Chip Ganassi/Cadillac have done really well considering it's their first year back.

Shame Kobayashi got taken out, can always count on that car for a podium.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Shame the Toyota threw it away at Arnage as well. Was a great battle up until that.

Can’t believe the amount of retirements, there’s only 9 GTEs left!

As you say, for Ferrari to come in and immediately dethrone the Toyotas is amazing. The 296 looks fast too going by their performance at the N24, so next year when they’ll be at Le Mans there’s a real possibility of Ferrari winning both categories.

Was a good race for the centenary. Could have done with the safety car periods being shorter but there’s been tonnes of action and great racing.