ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Glad to know it helped :)

Helped alot :) Might use it again soon thinking of hard-wiring my phone charger cable into the same handbrake hole off the bottom of the cigarette lighter so I can still use the lighter for the sat nav if needed and to smarten up the look as I charge my phone in the car a fair bit.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Helped alot :) Might use it again soon thinking of hard-wiring my phone charger cable into the same handbrake hole off the bottom of the cigarette lighter so I can still use the lighter for the sat nav if needed and to smarten up the look as I charge my phone in the car a fair bit.

If you're handy with electrics I can send you the iPod cable from that guide if you want?

it doesn't charge but if you think you can fix it I'll send you it if you cover the postage.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
If you're handy with electrics I can send you the iPod cable from that guide if you want?

it doesn't charge but if you think you can fix it I'll send you it if you cover the postage.

Thanks for the offer but I'm an android man :) need a micro USB cable and then ill need something to step down voltage and current to 5v and less than 3A so the charger doesnt kill the phone! Not sure if theres space under there to hide the box to step it down though so need to look again sometime :) doing a full LED bulb change at the moment on the interior lights, number plate lights, and sidelights :)

Beaten up 182
From this,
IMG_20140507_115049_zpsaf3a3773.jpg

During,
IMG_20140507_121014_zpsf3d0c462.jpg

All done,
IMG_20140507_125836_zps18cb1065.jpg

Not perfect but a lot better. Also changed a broken aerial mount!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks for the offer but I'm an android man :) need a micro USB cable and then ill need something to step down voltage and current to 5v and less than 3A so the charger doesnt kill the phone! Not sure if theres space under there to hide the box to step it down though so need to look again sometime :) doing a full LED bulb change at the moment on the interior lights, number plate lights, and sidelights :)

Ah no bother. The box would have to be tiny if your centre console is the same as mine. I'm sure there's like an inch square space under there

mckay

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 Iceburg 172
Full service, fitted new plugs leads, coil pack, gearbox oil, coolant, ds2500 front pads and brembo rears, ate super blue brake fluid, tidied up engine bay, aux belt kit fitted plus a quick detail including a headlight restoration using the 3M kit.
e5e5yne6.jpg
yzuvusah.jpg
7y4u4yge.jpg
u7ymuvah.jpg
unybu9eb.jpg
ma3eve8u.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Get yourself a cheap charger for the cig lighter socket. Get some wire, unscrew the base with the pin on (careful as they have a spring), wedge a piece of wire down there and re assemble, get another bit of wire, wrap it round the two contacts on the sides, tape it up like f**k, then the other two ends of the wire go into the ground and live on the plug for the cig lighter.

Obviously you can then either extend the plug end of the charger to run under the dash to wherever you want it to come out (I have mine come out from behind the drivers side dash strip as that is where my phone holder is) or the wire you've added can be longer to route the charger end to nearer where you need it. Depends how much you want to splice into tbh.

Mine is a little neater than that (I removed the PCB from the casing and soldered everything properly) but it has the same effect. Only did it properly this time round because I could be arsed.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Get yourself a cheap charger for the cig lighter socket. Get some wire, unscrew the base with the pin on (careful as they have a spring), wedge a piece of wire down there and re assemble, get another bit of wire, wrap it round the two contacts on the sides, tape it up like f**k, then the other two ends of the wire go into the ground and live on the plug for the cig lighter.

Obviously you can then either extend the plug end of the charger to run under the dash to wherever you want it to come out (I have mine come out from behind the drivers side dash strip as that is where my phone holder is) or the wire you've added can be longer to route the charger end to nearer where you need it. Depends how much you want to splice into tbh.

Mine is a little neater than that (I removed the PCB from the casing and soldered everything properly) but it has the same effect. Only did it properly this time round because I could be arsed.

Ah I did have a thought about doing this, I like how using the step down box (£4.04 on eBay) you can charge at 3A which is more like a mains charger than a cigarette lighter charger, alot of lighter chargers I've used charge my phone up slowly! Some only run at 0.5A

Not sure yet, got enough stuff to do to the car at the moment first :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I did have a thought about doing this, I like how using the step down box (£4.04 on eBay) you can charge at 3A which is more like a mains charger than a cigarette lighter charger, alot of lighter chargers I've used charge my phone up slowly! Some only run at 0.5A

Not sure yet, got enough stuff to do to the car at the moment first :)

Link to the step down box? I'd love a more efficient charger and seeing as its on a switched live it won't drain the battery, although I do miss having a constant live 12v. Might have to swap it over....

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Link to the step down box? I'd love a more efficient charger and seeing as its on a switched live it won't drain the battery, although I do miss having a constant live 12v. Might have to swap it over....

Just gave it a try with another step down box I have running 2A, safe to say my phone charges just as fast if not slightly faster than the mains charger. What phone do you have? I have a Galaxy S3 which has over charge protection built in, so I can charge it safely up to very high amps without risking damaging the phone as it will only charge up to what the phone will accept.

The step down box is here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-to...K_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item3a8f48253f

For simplicity, I am looking at the one with 2 USB ports already wired, but it is available without any wiring for less £, but the effort involved I think itd be better just to get the step down box. When I get round to doing it, may make a guide :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Full service, fitted new plugs leads, coil pack, gearbox oil, coolant, ds2500 front pads and brembo rears, ate super blue brake fluid, tidied up engine bay, aux belt kit fitted plus a quick detail including a headlight restoration using the 3M kit.
e5e5yne6.jpg
yzuvusah.jpg
7y4u4yge.jpg
u7ymuvah.jpg
unybu9eb.jpg
ma3eve8u.jpg

Looks very tidy that :approve:

got it through it's MOT after 3 years hiding in my garage!

Glad it passed!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
FLOL, you're not the first person to say that today!

edit: cheers for the speedy service btw, did me a right favour!

M2 Comp
Kerbed one of my wheels!!! :dapprove: :dapprove:

Tbf, they were probably due a refurb anyway, so it's kind of given me a push to get it sorted. Booked in with Russ @ Midlands Car Care at the end of the month :)

RB Clio 182
Painted the fog surrounds and top and bottom grill satin black rather than gloss from previous, gloss looked a bit too much tbh, satin looks lovely and fresh and not over the top, just like brand new plastic.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
The car seemed to be running hotter than normal so I flushed the whole system cleaned the bottle and filled with green alien blood (type d renault coolant)

Fixed!!

Beaten up 182
I was thinking of painting the grills, most of my plastics seemed to of gone a bluey colour and no trim restorer gets it black.

I fitted genuine rear discs and Brembo pads & bled brakes. Booked it in for next Saturday to get both genuine inner tie rods and both tre's fitted

Fitted refurbed gearbox( agency transmissions) clutch, gear oil, new shafts, coolant, cts and thermostat.

On satutday just gone

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Just ordered the RsTuner from Henk with the Stage1 Ron98 map......looking forward to loading this into the car.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Started to get my wheels painted. One at a time as I dont have the funds to buy a second set so the car is currently sat with the spare on looking weird. Sanded and prep'd the rear n/s wheel, filler primer base layer is tomorrows job.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Started to get my wheels painted. One at a time as I dont have the funds to buy a second set so the car is currently sat with the spare on looking weird. Sanded and prep'd the rear n/s wheel, filler primer base layer is tomorrows job.

Any pics?