ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What locking nuts to get

Alfa GTA
Hi guys my Clio 182 hasn't come with any locking nuts so was wondering what people use on there's? I have speedline 2118 on her at the mo so would need to fit them

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I wouldn't bother? How many stories have you heard about people's wheels being stolen? Not many...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I wouldn't bother? How many stories have you heard about people's wheels being stolen? Not many...
As per.

If I wanted to steal your wheels, id pop into Halfords and buy a locking wheel nut remover..

They're absolutely more hassle than they're worth... See suggested threads below here !!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I echo the above. Whenever I get a new car, the first time I have to have the wheels off for whatever reason, the locking nuts never go back on.

Serious question. We all spend a lot of time on various car related forums, and Facebook pages. When was the last time anyone heard of alloy wheels being pinched? And I don't mean a spare set that were sat in the garage

RB Clio 182
I have four locking nuts on each wheel.

Safety first guys, safety first.
Really lol?

I echo the above, no locking nuts ftw!

And tbh, if i was a little scrote going around stealing alloy wheels and i couldnt get the wheel off due to a locking nut, id probably smash the car up for being an awkward b*****d!

dan's cast offs.
i'll be round tonight to steal everyone's wheels :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
A bloke over the road from me found one his wheels only attached by the locking wheel nut the other week. Think I'll keep mine for now.