ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres?

PH2 172
Im going to be buying 2 new tyres for the front of my Clio Cup next week and aint sure if i should buy Michelin PE2s or Pirelil Pzero Neros what would you recomend for a long lasting good gripping tyre?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Inconsistent feel on track, and not as much traction as the F1's (esp in the wet). I'd have F1's as 1st choice, then the pirelli's.

Mk2 172
Inconsistent feel on track, and not as much traction as the F1's (esp in the wet). I'd have F1's as 1st choice, then the pirelli's.

Inconsistant on track!!!!! There not track tyres thats why?!?!? Road tyres dont work well on the track. End of. The side walls are just too soft

320d
Michelin Exaltos
yoko paradas
Goodyear Eagle f1's

... can't really go far wrong with any of those imo for road use

PH2 172
As im taking my car round castle combe in april i wouldnt mind a good tyre for the track but what tyre out of.
Michelin Exaltos,
Pireli Pzero Neros,
Goodyear Eagle F1s
Conti sports

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
As im taking my car round castle combe in april i wouldnt mind a good tyre for the track but what tyre out of.
Michelin Exaltos,
Pireli Pzero Neros,
Goodyear Eagle F1s
Conti sports

There all road tyres so all will be average on track compared to a road legal track tyre. You will ruin the edges on them in no time at all

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Inconsistant on track!!!!! There not track tyres thats why?!?!? Road tyres dont work well on the track. End of. The side walls are just too soft

Agree, but the F1's are much better on track than the Exalto's.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Michelin Exaltos,
Pireli Pzero Neros,
Goodyear Eagle F1s
Conti sports

There all road tyres so all will be average on track compared to a road legal track tyre. You will ruin the edges on them in no time at all

Of those F1's, followed by F1's, finally F1's.:)
Up your pressure before going out and the edges stand up much better.

Mk2 172

Agree, but the F1's are much better on track than the Exalto's.

Yeah id go with that. Go for some hankook rs2's which are road leagal track tyres. They have more tread pattern than all other track tyres which is better for road use but they have the BIG benefit of them having stiff sidewalls for track use. Ive got them on my spare track wheels and work very well on track and on road and are extremely cheap :) :) try them! :) Give camskill tyres a call
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b262s0p0

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm gonna get some cheap 15's to use with track tyres. 15inch tyres are so much cheaper than 16's.

PH2 172
iv just been looking at the Hankooks but cant find them in the 195/45/16 do they do them in these sizes for the Turinis if not i might go for the goodyear F1s but what pressure do you recomend putting them upto?

PH2 172
Does anyone know if you can get the hankook tyres in 195/45/16 also if not its either going to be the michelin PE2s or the Goodyear Eagle F1s what would be the best for a long lasting grippy tyre

PH2 172
Iv looked on there and cant see them in the 195/45/16 so aint sure if they make them that is the size of the turinis aint it. why would you get Fulkan?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Iv looked on there and cant see them in the 195/45/16 so aint sure if they make them that is the size of the turinis aint it. why would you get Fulkan?
195/45/16 are on the link.

I keep hearing good stuff about them (mainly japcar forums) plus they are supposed to be long lasting and to be honest, If its made in japan and used in motorsport its going to be better than a koren tyres with no real history. They are similar prised so I’d have the Fulken’s

PH2 172
I know what your sayin they use them in racing so must be a better and harder compound then the goodyears and michelins what falkens would you recomend.

PH2 172
ok what tyre would you say is better out of the Mich,Goodies and the falkens want a hard wearing long lasting tyres with some good grip

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I’ve never had Fulken on any of my cars. Just heard lots of good thing in the last 6 months about them. But I’ve had Michelin pe2 and they were good.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Not my 172 but a saxo. It was the only time I’ve been on a track so cant say if they preformed well or not though, as I cant compare them to anything

PH2 172
Its just my tyres are almost slick at the moment and im going round castle combe in april and need some new tyres its only this one time im taking it around track but need some good tyres

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
If it was me I wouldn’t want to ruin a pain of brand new tyres. But if it was a dry day and you are doing track speeds I’m sure your old one’s would be ok. But like I said ive only been on a track once (a few years back) so don’t know too much