ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats wrong with your car right now??

172 Cup Track Daily
Intermittent tapping of something loose that i have not yet found.
Exhaust mount.
Have to change coolant, don't want to.

FF Clio 182
Horn doesn't work and I have fitted a new powerflex black edition dogbone mount so the whole care shaking itself to pieces

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No tax
No MOT

No money to do tax and No money to do MOT

Nearly a month on, still no tax and still no MOT. I will take it in tomorrow and get it done. She'll be back on the road by friday. :D

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Always something wrong. Just replaced all the exhaust mounts for it to start blowing at the manifold/ cat joint. To be sorted this afternoon.

Clio 182
Gear surround clips have all snapped off, cover now floats in free space.
Exhaust gasket needs changing.
Exhaust is blowing (very) badly from a different part.
Gearbox mounts could do with changing.

Billion other things, woop.

ST
Nothing, its just had two new Conti 5s, full hub O/S/F hub assembly, lower ball joint and a years MOT with no advisories :)

Clarkman

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer
paintwork needs cleaning/polishing, previous owners have done s**t touchup paint (the wrong colour), noise coming from O/S side of steering rack/tie rod, radio always seems to have bad signal - just little things really which niggle at you!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Leak on the gasket between the exhaust and the cat.A naff garage that i no longer use ground off the lip from the cat to fit an old exhaust.Car is now booked in to TCR beginning of may to be repaired.

Clio 182
Drivers side xenon washer is leaking. Filled up the washer bottle with 5ltrs of fluid and its leaked out the pissing headlight washer!! Grrrrr. Must be the nrv (none return valve) passing. I assume it has a nrv?

Literally the same story here lol. Let me know if you manage to find a solution ;)

Clio 182
Ordered the drivers side from Renault for £14 should be in monday. Looks like im going to have to take the bloody bumper off :/

Yeh, I've had a look around. Seen that some people just take the wheel off and do it that way but it might just be easier to take the bumper off, a bit of a ball ache though :/

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Exhaust needs welding.
Heater blower needs fixing as no air.
Need new gearstick gaitor.
Need to polish up drivers side headlight.
need to make new thumb grips and trim the wheel

Few paint issues.

Mec 350 slk manual
Ph1 vibration on the front around 3k , maybe new drive shafts or front wheel bearings or engine mounts

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Front shocks could do with replacing and the dephaser is a little noisy. Apart from that I've never had a car I've kept in such good condition. I still miss the Arctic when I look back at my old photos though :-(

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Needs a clean, gears are slightly notchy but i'm told this is common :) Also handbrake seems to go quite high up, may get the rear brake drums checked, SE tyres do a free brake check? Anyone ever used this before?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Oh and the aircon pump's decided to stop kicking in so I'm guessing that means I've holed something and lost the gas as it was blowing rather cold until it stopped working.

Last edited by a moderator:

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I`m not going to type on here and say currently she is running with no niggles whatsoever.........Damn.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Stupid sodding wiper motors going again for a second time. Few scratches that need polishing out. My brand new HID kit is sitting on my bedroom units and not in the headlights yet :( It needs a clean and vacuum, but I'll take the stuff to the tip first!

Edit: Passenger front speaker has started crackling when up loud.

Clio 182/207cc GT
Airbag and Service light keeps pooping on a off, I assume it's one of the under seat connectors.

Evo 3, clio sport
Lambda sensor and i burnt the f**king wire to the starter somewhere, then I changed the starter and now it turns as soon as I connect the battery. Grrrrr I hate electrical problems.