ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel nuts- team dynamic help!

i have bought some 15's for my car. Put them on and started to take it for a general drive and as I was setting off there was a mocking sound coming from the front wheel.

I have looked through the forum and having realised that putting my original wheel nuts that I had on the car might be the problem that I am having.

The next question is the guy that I bought them off gave me the nuts for his car but they are for an Alfa 145 and have the following number on. a39 10.9 a.

I know what the 10.9 means but was wondering if these nuts will fit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (I have bought the correct spigots today for the car) mike

Alfa 145 would have wheel bolts rather than wheel nuts but I assume you just wrote it incorrectly. I have done a search and the 145 would use the following:

• Bolt shaft length 26mm, bolt shaft diameter 12mm, thread pitch M12x1.25 and hex head size 19mm.
The 182 uses M12x1.5 so the thread pitch on the Alfa bolts will be too fine so won't fit.

Thanks guys.

I did screw them in previously they felt tight so I opted for putting the old ones back on.

On your advice Mark I will take a wheel off and try screwing them in and see if they are safe.

Am I best off tying to just get the team dynamic wheel nuts for the Clio?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have team dynamics in 15's with standard bolts and they are fine. You got spigot rings fitted

Yea to the 73 to the 60.1 buddy. The more I have been thinking about it. One bolt on there is not standard from when I bought the car and that is on the front left side. I had to use an 18mm to get it off.

Going to swap it with another and see if it effects the wheel. Didn't effect my standard Clio wheels tho...

Handy to know that mate- I don't really want to buy a new set all round!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I swapped my wheels over at Oulton at about half eleven this morning. Done lots of laps, drove home and typing this reply. Be something daft mate :)

There was the above and I think the tire needed a little more air.

I did a 200 mile round trip and then picked up the spigots. Was running out of patience and daylight!

Hope you had fun at Oulton

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok mate. My only issue with mine initially was that due to heat the wheel bolts were coming slightly loose but that was on both sets of wheels, the others being standard 16's. Torque them up best you can and just keep an eye on them. Mine seemed to be fine when I tightened the bolts when they were hot but will check again tomo

Like you said it's going to be something daft that I have probably done. I will take it off tomorrow and have a look and it.

Literally only have driven the car 100 meters. So nothing has warmed up.

Managed to crack a socket getting the wheels off the last owner had them so tight... Had a look at the shocks when I had my wheels off- it's going to be a mission and a half getting those bolts of to get my coilovers on...

Yea buddy will do. If your interested these are the ones. Got an awesome deal off eBay
437f090acaf49536b2a7be32c066afc2.jpg

Budget Nankang Snow Viva SV-2 winter tyres.

Going to keep them for the winter.

Decent deal tho- nearly had them for 100 quid but someone run me up!

I like the wheels buddy- wanna swap? Ha ha. Kidding

I haven't done a track day with this car yet. Done a few track day experiences and loved them.

My plan is to go down the track day route eventually. Going to get one booked with the car fairly standard and then see how things go from there.

I bought these wheels because I wanted 15's rather than 16's mainly because I don't like the look of low profile tyres (but mainly the price of tyres).

Is yours just a weekend toy?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
You have the right attitude mate. Yeah just a toy, great fun. Highly recommend a trackday. Where are you based?

Likewise.

I live North Leeds but my mother lives 2 miles from snetterton so I need to sort something soon really.

The only worry that I have is I know what I am like. As soon as I do one I am going to want to do it every weekend and end up spending $$$ trying to go faster! Ha ha

You have the right attitude mate. Yeah just a toy, great fun. Highly recommend a trackday. Where are you based?

Found the culprit. Only had 20 psi in the front tyres. The small bits of metal that deal with the balancing was clipping the the breaks as it went round.

Put some air in the tyres and now there is no noise. One of the small bits of metal was nearly coming off. I have pulled it off and going to get some super glue and get it stuck back on.

Now all I need to do is find the correct tyre pressure- I can't imagine that these 15' will do 33f and 30 rear? Any thoughts?

Now I need to get these coilovers on but happy for the price with the wheels. Would like some 1.2's tho!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105