ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When car is up on lift

172 MKII FF
Hi,

Had my car in a garage for 3 days on one of those large car lifts. I got the car home today and noticed the front end seems to be higher than the rear end. The difference only seems slight but enough for me to tell.

Family are telling me im being picky but if you notice something different then thats thats.

My question: With the car being up on a jack and all 4 wheels dangling for 3 days would the springs need time to re-adjust themselves?

Also my freaking bonnet opener has stopped, I have to get someone to push down on the bonnet to open it.

Volvo S60 T5
wont be no different unless your car is made of jelly.
Reminds me of the citroen 2cv days when they would fold up due to bad corrossion on a 2 post ramp.

Your springs and so on should be exactly the same as when they went in.

172 MKII FF
wont be no different unless your car is made of jelly.
Reminds me of the citroen 2cv days when they would fold up due to bad corrossion on a 2 post ramp.

Your springs and so on should be exactly the same as when they went in.

Hmmmm.....maybe it is just my eyes then. Is there anyway something could have caused it? The suspension seems fine when driving.

Any idea on the bonnet catch as well, i have to get someone to push down on the bonnet while i pull the level. I had a new radiator fitted and noticed most of the front end was off when i went in yesterday.

Volvo S60 T5
The bonnet catch mechanism has not be put back in the same position, and needs adjusting, its only 2 retaining bolts.