ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy wheel studs

Renault Clio 172
Hi all,

wonder if if anyone can help.

im looking for some studs for my clio, to replace some old ones. The current ones that are in, are fixed in to the disk, and you fit the wheel to them with a wheel nut (chap at Renualt garage said this is unusual, hence the explanation)

Apparently they where only used on Clio 172 cup cars, that came out of the factory as race cars, but mine didn't, so struggling to find them.

they are around 70mm long, 8mm in diameter (17mm wheel nuts fit it) and have a 5.5mm Allen key to fix it to the disk.

we rounded one of them off today, while changing the disk, so would like to get a set, incase it happens again!

thank.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
What size are the studs? I want a set for my Ph1 172 to use instead of bolts. I've had the bolts work themselves loose on a couple of track days which is a bit scary!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I had mine from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291108978424?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
they appear to be the same as PM ones, they are high tensile steel and use a allen key to tighten them up into the hub, I have been really pleased with mine and they do not come loose on trackdays.
If you need longer ones for spacers he has various sizes under different listings

Would these be good ones for going into the MAD 25mm spacers on the front and the standard hubs on the back?

Also do you buy the other locking nuts or just stick with the ones in this kit?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I assume the 25mm spacers are bolt to hub types?
I use 82mm long studs on the front with a 16mm spacer (and no spacer with second set of wheels) and a 75mm stud on the rear both bolted into the hub (don't like the idea of holding the wheels on with a bit of ally)
and the front uses all the thread and the rear leaves a bit of exposed thread.
I don't use locking wheel nuts and I don't think it would be possible to fit them with this kit due to the bullet nose.
front
wheelstud2_zps1bc6b030.jpg

rear
wheelstudrear_zpsaf6a77a0.jpg

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
@M.C..

Yes they are bolt to hub type thats why I'm looking to fit the studs as I don't want to be winding wheel bolts into Ali every time I take the front wheels off.

The rear spacers are the stub axel type so no a problem there what I use as they are still going into the standard hub.

They look really good though, and at £44 worth having!