ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who does the most mileage in their Clio?

Out of curiosity... Hope this hasn't been done before (mods feel free to lock and redirect if so), I know there are countless MPG threads etc...

In my opinion the 182 is a pretty nice place to be for motorway journeys, decent pick up despite being a bit gutless top end and I don't get out feeling tired or worn out after long drives.

I've had mine since Jan this year and have so far racked up approximately 12k.

By January next year I think I'll have just ticked over to between 14k-15k p/a.

Anyone do mega miles? Anyone stick it on the track and nothing else?

Open to the floor...

Edit, just realised this should have gone in Clio discussion!! Feel free to move!!

Last edited:
^ Not sure if it's still racking up the miles at the same rate anymore... I know it is one of the highest though.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Our Ph1 we bought 14days ago with a snapped timing belt has already had, New valves, Head gasket, Genuine Renault Timing belt Kit, Genuine aux belt kit, New front shocks, New discs and pads, New front ball Joints and..............

We've done 1400 miles in it. :)

Clio Sport 182
Yeah, mines not doing so many miles anymore, although i've still done 9k miles in the past 14 months ...

Did 18k in 5 months in my first 182, 23k in 11 months in my 172 cup, 10k in 5 months in the last Trophy :)

18k in 5 months is impressive didn't you sleep? ;)

I do around 300 miles a week so should be racking up between 15k-16k miles each year

2003 Clio sport 172
i bought my 172 in febuary having 84k on the clock, its just hit 105k, my old 2.0 ide megane i managed almost 40k in 12 months, most of my miles are all pleasure driving aswell, i very often do 300-400 miles over a weekend.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Only put 12k on mine in the 18 or so months of owning it, that's including a trip to the ring and all around Germany.

My first Clio I put 28k from new in 18months.

197 FF Glacier White
About 8k in 14 months. If it was full fat, probably double that! The noise and lack of aircon favours the Volvo for mega trips!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I've had my Ph1 172 about 11 months and done about 25K, Most of which were with it stripped out fixed buckets/harnesses. LOL

Nice to see it's not just me munching up the miles... Some people seriously pile them on!!

Yeah. If you drive it a lot on the motorway you realise it really isn't it's natural home. I do 1000 miles a month up and down the m25/m4 corridor, whilst it is perfectly capable, I find the way I drive (*read - to keep me interested during motorway driving) requires me to work the gears at motorway speeds. Pick up in 5th at 70 is worse than most 1.9/2.0 derv rep wagons that were made for motorway slogs.

I have no problem with this, I actually enjoy dropping to 3rd every now and again for a blast and see it as a real characteristic of the rev happy engine...

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Accelerating from 70 in 50th ain't top end though mate, that'll be mid range-ish :rasp:

I see where you're coming from though :approve:

Accelerating from 70 in 50th ain't top end though mate, that'll be mid range-ish :rasp:

50th gear YO! :rasp:

Sorry, should have said with regards to day to day driving. I'm obviously aware it's no slouch sat with your foot poised over the go pedal at 75 hanging on in 3rd, but it was never made for motorways. Despite that, I still love every minute behind the wheel.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
My dads doing about 15k a year in his. He uses it to go to and from work everyday. I suggested it as a replacement for our track car and his day car to save time and money so i'm glad he likes it. He uses his wife's focus on weekends though as they find the clio a little hard around town. He straight away misses the clio's grunt as the focus is only a 1.6 in 1300kgs of car but appreciates the extra comfort. He loves the poke the clio has and says it makes for very safe overtaking. Having come from a CRX 1.6 vtec he still changes down on autopilot so the clio flies. It's no turbo diesel so stirring the box is needed sometimes.

Clio sport 182
my clio ph2 is on 137k average around 18k a year :approve: same engine/gearbox and still going strong do trackdays in it all regulary serviced.

107 Track Car & C4
I've put 7k on mine since I brought it in April. It's used as my daily, but the mileage will be less soon once i've got my own place and not travelling to see the gf every night. Still only sits on 46k though!

I know what you mean though when you say about it being abit gutless on the motorway, i have the feeling with mine too.

Clio 172
I got my clio last year with 36k on the clock. I've now reached 70k so averaging about 17,000 miles a year. Driving to central Manchester from the middle of Buckinghamshire more than once every fortnight to see the gf at uni managed to help me achieve this!!! And its never let me down once touch wood!

I did about 20.5k in mine over 15 months including a couple of 2k+ epic trips around Scotland and another around the Alps! Might as well drive the things haha!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I barely do 4000 miles a year while I'm at Uni! Only use the car for fun twice a week max. It's easier to walk everywhere I go in Leeds. Will go up when I graduate next year though, but I almost definitely won't exceed 10k a year. My car's on 77k at the mo so it'll creep up very slowly while I've got it.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Done around 15k in mine since february, started to slow down now though as the GF has a dci so that's first choice for any journey. About the motorway 5th gear topic, I was sat bored on my way home from work and thought I'd see how it performed in 5th from 3.5k to 5k RPM and tbh its enough to stick with anything with a lot more torque, if you want to blow them away though 4th gear is the way forward

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i find my ph1 a nightmare on the motorway but it does have a loud exhaust and stiff suspension lol, i avoid motorways in it! on the rare ocassion i am on them in it though i find myself doing stupid speeds lol.

i was doing an average of 30k a year this time last year thats why i bought the GT DCi but now im doing about 10k a year if im lucky! lol

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I probably average between 30 and 50 miles a week. Last week I did 11 miles!

i do 550 miles odd almost every week end Barnstaple to liverpool area to get home

so around 2200 miles a month, not including random trips to shops, mates ect

last year prior to going away i done over 35, 000 miles - thats a lot of fuel :race: