ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows XP help

GOLF GT TDI
i am trying to find out how to get this bar up on my computer anyone know how? not sure what its called or anything.

this is a screen shot of it on one of my user accounts but for some reason aint showing on my other account even tho both are administrators

untitled-2.gif

Mazda MX5 1.8
yeah the bar wont show up in normal windows explorer (windows key + E) but if u go into my docs (via link on desktop) it should show up

the common one is the one which has it on

dk

911 GTS Cab
looks like vista to me but i'm not sure how anyone would have vista without knowing it when its not even out yet?

unless its a work machine?

Clio SI
if its vista it has to be beta or your company has been one of the lucky ones to get one of the pre release ones

if its vista it has to be beta or your company has been one of the lucky ones to get one of the pre release ones

No luck involved, it's on MSDN.. (Vista RTM)

Either way, looks like XP to me with some sort of skin/theme/style.. things are called "My Computer", "My Documents" - they dropped the "My" bit in Vista ;)

Leon Cupra R 225

No luck involved, it's on MSDN.. (Vista RTM)

Either way, looks like XP to me with some sort of skin/theme/style.. things are called "My Computer", "My Documents" - they dropped the "My" bit in Vista ;)

yup he's right. they dropped some of the old crap off XP. so it must be a theme you've downloaded which tbh usually f**k up a few folder settings :S

And, the clock is all out of scale and squashed up.. the Vista clock looks perfect in the side bar ;)

And the top screenshot isn't a Vista Explorer window..

Ok, enough, Match of the Day is on in a bit :D

Rav4
to find out what version of window u have go to ,

start>run> and type in winver

New dialog box should appear with what version you are using.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I think what you want to do is go to properties of my computer->advanced tab->performance settings and then tick "use common tasks in folders"

GOLF GT TDI
cheers found out its xp but got all the features of Vista, my father should be getting vista in about 2 days so ill put that on then :) thanks 4 ya help