ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wire wheels how to protect

Hi

My brother has some steel wire wheels on his mk1 vw passat he has asked if i know of anything that can protect them from rusting or to stop the chrome pitting.

But i have no idea but thought i would ask on here as there is some very on the ball people on here who know about this sort of thing.

It sits in a garage most of the time so something to help keep the damp from setting in and lasts well as its a nightmare to do everytime its washed to keep re applying

Is there some kind of wax/sealent/products that can be used?

These are what the wheels are like (glad its not me doing it)

Cheers
WIRES-WHEEL-01.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Make sure they are hand polished to perfection. Werkstat prime strong or some very good metal polish then research Gtechniq C5 no other product protects wheels as well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm i'm not convinced. It's a water repelent really aswell as having anti-corrosion properties. I used it on all my brand new shocks and springs last year. I'd never used it on wheels though.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
I've only used it once myself to clean up manky spokes and it worked well, it's pretty popular amongst bikers

It is a popular product for Bikers, agreed. Mainly because it comes in an aerosol form as well, so it's easier to get into spokes etc. I would therefore agree that a spray product would be the best, unless you have the time and patience to do each spoke as above (Prime, followed by IPA wipe down, followed by C5).