ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless surround sound systems

Honda Civic EP2
Anyone have any experience?

I don't know what I'm looking for really.

Anything up to £300 but looking to spend around £200

We have a Sony Blu Ray/3D player so we don't need one of those, just the sound system

Thanks

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I would bump this as I'm after one too.

I want it to work through the Xbox and then when I'm watching t.v too.

I have absolutely no experience with surround sound systems so any info on different set ups would be handy too.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I have a Sony DAV-IS50 (http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hcs-surround-kit---dvd-player/dav-is50), with wireless rear speakers, although as someone else mentioned above they still need to be plugged in for power. This is a few years old now, so you'll only be able to buy a used on, there is probably a newer model though.

The reason I got a wireless system is because my house is open plan downstairs, with laminate flooring throughout and running wires from the TV to the rear speakers would be a royal PITA, but with this system I have a receiver plugged in behind the sofa and the wires to the 2 rear speakers go from that, which is much easier.

The 5 speakers are tiny though, amazing how much sound they deliver, very discreet for hiding in a room (keeps the wife happy), literally golf ball sized! ;)

sony-dav-is10-01.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
If you must go wireless then I'm out as I don't have any knowledge on them, however if you're open to wired then for £400-500 you can bag a better system than any of the above (no offence guys), but it's worth reading up a bit before doing so!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
If I didn't need wireless then I wouldn't have got a setup like that, but running wires is difficult in my current house, if you don't really need it then I agree stick with wires as it does massively limit your options.

The Sony system cost me £300 all-in and for the money it is good, I read some reviews beforehand and for what I need it's spot on, I rarely use it anyway TBH

Honda Civic EP2
Realised that wireless is probably more of a pain than a nice idea.

Can do wired too!

Appreciate the advice thus far!