ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring Problem - Help

Hi. I have a 2001 Cliosport which has developed an electrical fault. Initially the rear fog light warning lamp showed on the dash, when you pressed the brake pedal the fog lamp warning light got brighter and the revs dropped to below 500 rpm and if the brakes were held on it stalled. When driving, if indicating right it cut power and the indicator failed to work, not fun when overtaking. When you opened the boot the fog light warning lamp went off and the idicator worked fine. I traced this to a short on the two wires going to the switch in the tailgate catch/lock which I have fixed, which sorted the indicators and cutting out etc but there are now other strange things happening with the rear end electrics. The wiper does not work unless you turn all the way to wash, but if you indicate left and brake the wiper moves whilst the indicator bulb is lit, the heated rear screen turns off the interior lights and makes the rear wiper work and who knows what else I will discover as I turn things on and off.

Any ideas? Will an ECU reset help? Does this sound expensive?

Update. Disconnected battery for an hour and a half last night but nothing has changed. Could it be the timing unit beneath the fuse box?:confused:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

An ECU reset wont help as you found out.

You still have some shorted wires at the back of the car, all of the faults you mentioned point to an additional wiring fault at the rear of the car.

VaVa

Possible earth fault? Car electrics certainly do some funny things. As KDF says, its probably a fault from the rear of the car. Check as much of th wireing as you possibly can.

Other than that, I take there is some kind of UCH/computer that controls these functions.... could have bee damaged some how...

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 24 August 2005 at 11:54am]