ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons issue

Ibiza FR
Just fitted some standard 172 xenons to my non-sport clio, all went fine.

Went to go out in car and turned lights on but turned them off again, then tried to turn them back on and here was a small flicker, but they didnt light up! left them for about a minute and they lit up when I tried again.

Basically if they are left they fire up fine but if you try to turn them on after recently being on, they either both don't work or just one will come on.

Will be fine for the time being just got to make sure not to turn them off and on quickly, but what does this show is failing? I'm guessing the igniter/charger and not the ballast?

Cheers

DCi 100
I'd put my money on the starter pack, which is the small block behind the bulb yeah.

Swap teh bulbs over and see if you notice any difference.

RB FF 182
+1. Starter pack resolved this issue for me.

Swap components around as above to find out for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ibiza FR
Lights seem to be fine today after a long drive with them on! I was flicking them on/off when changing the sidelights.

Cheers anyway everyone!

Ibiza FR
only did it twice (once off to put bulbs in then once on to check) but I think I must have just knocked the wires or something, so sorted! Cheers anyway, will keep that in mind