ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yorks Drive out Sunday 24th Febraury

Clio 182 Cup
I'll get on it mate. My mate owns and started Apex track days - keep checking the website and ill see what I can do (sensible folks only of course ) :race:

Ph1 T
I'll get on it mate. My mate owns and started Apex track days - keep checking the website and ill see what I can do (sensible folks only of course ) :race:

So you can get discount? Win win lol ill be doing one a month as of April Si whenever your up for one let me know

Clio 182 Cup
All being well. Ill ask nicely ;)

Mikes days are very well organised and very enjoyable. He's a top bloke and a genuine enthusiast with his cars. He doesn't let idiots ruin days for others either.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry for missing this today guys, sounds like a good morning out.

I'd definately be up for a trackday, doing one with Apex in April at Blyton.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
£100 for day, free second driver, free passengers and free tuition. Yes somewhere in Lincolnshire, about hour and half from Meadowhall.

Ph1 T
Ill have to keep an eye out then won't be able to book till last minute though but if there's places left at beginning of April I'm on it,

Want to do blyton for my first day in the turbo as plenty of run off :)

182 Cup
Blyton is near Gainsborough FYI, biggestnplace near it. Between Gainsborough and Scunthorpe.

Haven't been myself, but from what I've heard its pretty good for beginners.

Looks a pretty good circuit for beginners actually, based on the circuit map and a couple of youtube vids.

Any more opinions would be welcome!

Feel my front pads and fluid need sorting though, as well as a service before I can book, so could be tight.

Planning on going to the ring in the summer (as part of a European tour) and am happy to drive it at 50 all the way round but even so don't fancy it being my first on track experience!

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
You will be fine on ring mate. Probably take more of a hammering around a track then round ring, especially on your first visit. Suppose you need to check your brakes over regardless of use though.

Ph1 T
IMHO I would do a Trackday or 2 first also I wouldn't go to the ring on standard brakes but like I say my opinion mate

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Couldn't make this lads was at Donnington yesterday getting some tyres sorted.

Another vote for Mike @ Apex track days, I've done a few with him and also been spot on. I've emailed him over weekend actually to see what he had in pipeline.

Blyton is ideal for a first track day and a decent little circuit

Just make sure your car is in good nick, ie plenty of meat on tyres and brakes and has oil in it. If your front pads do need changing you may aswel uprate them while you're at it if your planning on doing track days and a trip to the ring. The brake fluid is worth changing while you're at it and it often gets overlooked and is relatively cheap for decent stuff (£15)