ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

’STOP’ Light and handbrake light

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

when i was going up hill n driving round a left bend my handbrake light and my STOP light was coming on.

any ideas?

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Doyle on 24 January 2005

didnt think bout that

ill check tomoz
Paul do you even know where the brake fluid reservoir is? ;)

Only playin mate, hope it you get it sorted, if you need a hand give me a shout.

another option is thatb your break pads may be very very low.

i had that coming on and thought it was just the fluid however when i took it in for a regular service they said that i was through my pad and was actually dangerously low.

have a look mate - only an option, but was what happened to me.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Yep, check your fluid...also check the rear pads...last time that happened on my car I needed to replace the pads

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Shouldve mentioned that really! Yeah mine happened when the fluid was low because the pads were. Check your front pads as well Paul. And Al, no he doesnt!!!!!

ST

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 24 January 2005

Shouldve mentioned that really! Yeah mine happened when the fluid was low because the pads were. Check your front pads as well Paul. And Al, no he doesnt!!!!!
What know where to check the fluid or need a hand?

Al give you a hand if you want sailor! ;)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Do any 172s have a pad sensor because I bought some ATs front pads last time I replaced pads and they had sensor wires coming out of them...my mk1 doesnt have sensors though

insignia

My handbrake & stop lights are doing the same & I know my pads are low coz Im fitting new ones next week. Ive done 20,500 miles now so I reckon my lights are flashing to tell me it needs dome new breaks

it prob is your fluid, and when you go uphill it moves the fluid in your reservoir away from the sensor, it did it in my 182, i topped it up and its ok now

TDI tyre shreader

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 24 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 24 January 2005

Sounds right, But they would of filled the fluid on the first service would they not?
this is renault
Had exactly the same problem with mine even sent it into renault to be fixed and also went in for a service whilst it was doing it and they said they couldnt find anything wrong. I checked the brake fluid and it was low, topped it up and now its fine!!