ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£$£$£Just A quick question$£$£$£@@@

Are valver discs and brakes the same as RT brakes and discs..If they are. Are they better or the same..And can i do a straight swap with a valvers brake discs to my rt...ANother quick question to get in...How hard is it to put an balver engine and box into my rt...is it worth it

No - theyre not the same. All Mk1 Clios bar the 16v/Willy/RSi have Bendix callipers and discs. The others have Lucas callipers and discs.

Yes - theyre better and theyre simple to swap. Ask BenR - he did it to his old RT.

Its possible to stick a Valver engine and box in your RT, but its very expensive versus just buying a Valver and then theres the point that the 16v isnt just an RT with a bit of lowering and some wheels - it also has wider tracks, arches to take the tracks, a four-bar torsion beam system at the rear (as opposed to two on the RT) and loads and loads of other stuff it would take you ages to replicate. Fine if you love your RT and have a wadge of cash - but not otherwise! The GT Turbo conversion is popular.

the RT runs solid discs and the bendix calipers like ben says lol.......our names our gonna get confusing at some point.

The vented disc and caliper setup off the valver/williams/R19 16V and GTT will slot striaght onto your hub no problems at all. you can reuse your brake hoses too.

Cheap and effective.