ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£10k 172

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I asked a engine and sills pic, got no reply.

Don’t understand why she won’t post them up, I would like to think the engine bay is mint and the sills (undamaged from jacking) are the same but if there are no pics, I have serious doubts.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I also sold my cup for 5k a few weeks ago, was offered it by the same person who had the phase 1 so couldn’t say no tbh. That had done 66k and that was genuinely immaculate throughout. So if this one has done 18k and in the same condition, show it off as 8k is a good price.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
8k is dreamland. Hence why it's not sold and she's been trying to flog it for ever.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I was actually thinking £8k is probably getting about right.

Dawns cars are always immaculate.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is you could buy a Trophy and polish the s**t out of that for £8k.

£5k would be probably the max tbh. The cup isn’t particularly desirable unless you’re going to batter it around a track which.... this won’t.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I dont get cups in any case, crap interior, budget spec and they made more cups than anything so the most common 1*2

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All 3 of my cars cost me less than this cup

Why the f**k anyone in the right mind would pay 8 grand for a car that's sat for most of its life is beyond me. It might be polished to f**k but I can guarantee it still needs work😂

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cup tax is a real thing. It will sell eventually, and when it does CS will move on to the next “overly priced” car, completely forgetting this one of course. Rinse and repeat.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's say you buy it for 8k, the belts need doing in 3 years time...

So youd need to keep it 10 years for it to be worth ~15k. In that time you'll have spent £1200 on belts, brake fluid every 2 years, coolant changes every few years, gearbox oil, probably a lot of bushes, maybe brake lines you'll have to pay for dry storage or use up space you already have. After all that you'll have spent maybe 11k on a car that will have appreciated 7 grand over your initial investment. Not to mention the fact that you wont be able to buy genuine parts in 10 years time too

In 10 years I could have bought and sold/broke 20 absolute shed cars and made £350 on each of them gaining the same amount of profit and 10x less hassle.

But then again you could take the gamble, buy it and then prices could go stupid and it might be worth 20k in 5 years time. That's the risk you take with investments. I would rather buy something cheap and have instant profit rather than have something sat around doing f**k all for ages

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I dont get cups in any case, crap interior, budget spec and they made more cups than anything so the most common 1*2
LOL. not sure where you are getting that they are the most common 172? surely a 172 is the most common 172, not a cup? also the actual amount of cups left on the road is down to around 800, maybe less, and they are seen as the "rawest" of the 172s given the amount of weight they got out of a standard car (82kg iirc)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
89 kgs saved, from 1,110 down to 1,021.

That's a bit bonkers really...89 kgs is mental weight saving in what was still a usable daily hatchback. I really wish I still had mine, hence £6k for the one above appealing!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ph1 172, Arctic182
LOL. not sure where you are getting that they are the most common 172? surely a 172 is the most common 172, not a cup? also the actual amount of cups left on the road is down to around 800, maybe less, and they are seen as the "rawest" of the 172s given the amount of weight they got out of a standard car (82kg iirc)
I was meaning the most common colour of the 172s, it is a 172.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iirc she said elsewhere that she factored in the cost of servicing it, running it, insuring it, taxing it and storing it into the selling price.

Make of that what you will, but I don't do that and don't know anyone else who does.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
iirc she said elsewhere that she factored in the cost of servicing it, running it, insuring it, taxing it and storing it into the selling price.

Make of that what you will, but I don't do that and don't know anyone else who does.
Only imbeciles do that

The rule is - You never get mod/servicing money back!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only imbeciles do that

The rule is - You never get mod/servicing money back!
Post #25

Show me another on 18k Miles? These are getting harder to find in such good condition, let alone the mileage. I can ask what I like. I sold my last two cups on 77k for 5k. People said they wouldn’t sell, they did.

And believe it or not, this car owes me quite a lump taking into account storage costs, insurance, tax, servicing. So no I’m not trying to make a quick buck, I love these cars but having already got 5 cars in storage costing £80 a month each, let alone the insurance on them, I have to sell the cup as it’s the sensible thing to do.

I don’t understand why people feel the need to comment, it’s not a thread about it being for sale, I was just genuinely happy with the steering wheel refurbish & how good she looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
It’s a £5/6k car on the right day to the right person.

if I or anyone else spend endless amount of hours cleaning and polishing one car that’s kept in good dry storage conditions it’s obviously going to be a clean car.

Anyone who factors in there own running costs of servicing, tax, insurance , fuel and storage and then adds it to the sale price are nuts, if you don’t want to pay the running costs don’t buy it.

unless the market is dry with a make and model of car and there is a massive demand from buyers you would then possibly have a good chance of a sale.

what I fail to see is that on a number of occasions dawn has stated in adverts and online that she has two many cars but yet she is looking for a possible part ex with a Mk3 197/200.

DD329957-C0CD-4BFE-A119-74C9786BCAFD.jpeg5B99FA45-03B5-416A-9C19-608971F97C63.jpeg

Last edited:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If low miles are you thing but 10 grand is too much how about a smidge under 5 grand for an MX5?

Mazda mx5 15,000 miles
£4,750

St Helens
For sale Mazda mx5 15,115 ish miles (will go slightly up with test drives)
Absolutely faultless drive. Ideal car for a collector.
2 owners lots of work done by the genius Wayne at Mazda Menders.
Underneath surface rust treated, fresh paint, cavity seal and under sealed.
Full service done, everything has been lubed up hinges ,joints,locks etc etc ,fresh oil and filter, air filter,fuel filter,plugs, aux belts, gearbox and diff oil are ok, also changed the water pump, idler, tensioner spring,timing belt, cam seals,crank seal, rocker seal, 5 year coolant after a good flush, everything lubed up on rebuild.
Braking system all sorted, overhauled, completely stripped,and rebuilt with fresh pads and discs all round...fresh fluid installed,handbrake set.
12 Months MOT with no advisories
4 new tyres.
A few minor blemishes on paintwork but that is factored into the asking price. Potential to add value with paintwork fixing.
Message or contact 07505275455 (if I am working I will try text or call you back)
Darryl
Full rebuild at https://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7252

nc_oc=AQky-xadj9OdqExglndipdNufNHis-26i5UY8PM-Co8QlNC8lpW-_JA8cGWG55Qgrxs&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ph1 172, Arctic182
mondiel blue was only available for the cups, so its not the most common colour of 172s either.
The point I was making is that 2302 mondial 172 cups were made, far more than any other colour of 172 in any guise

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not the rarety that counts as cup tax though. If that were the case the silver cups would be worth £15k+ now. It's the lightweight no frills driving pleasure spiel that people get suckerd into paying extra for. Which makes a really low mileage one even worse to see, the damn thing needs driving but it's never going to provide the amount of driving pleasure to anyone that it should be allowed to do. It needs raffling off so someone who will kick it's head in can get their hands on it!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of its value is in its mileage so its never going to be driven by any owner ever at that money.
I'm afraid all i see is a basic Cup which all be it very nice, has just been smothered in polish and bullshit shine which will wash off after a week.

Polishing a car and dusting the calipers silver doesn't make it worth what is being asked. Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, but trying to recoup whats been spent on consumables such as storage is laughable.

I may aswell say my 120k mile 182 is worth £40k, as that's what i've spent on fuel in the last 15 years!! #facepalm

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does that compare to an average mileage mx5 of the same year price wise?

They're dime a dozen so it's many times more.

The Mk2 is the least sought after model
It's a 1.6 not the 1.8
Open diff (I think) not LSD
Not an interesting limited edition

oh, and did you check out the pictures in the link?

ltinYTj.jpg
zZ9mXeM.jpg
VcqtoLV.jpg

Thats actually clean for a Mk2 :poop:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I don’t care anyone says there is no way a buyer walked in with bang on £7995 and paid that and walked away happy.

A buyer will always try to get money off it and more so if its a dealer.
The car never sold for £10k and we all knew that was never going to happen

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  535d / t5 caravelle
it will be back up for 20k next week, someone will be making a good profit on it [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Either way the seller will always try and big up what they got for the sale of there car buy a few £££

on the other hand a dealer would have wanted it at rock bottom so will have paid as little as possible and once again would never disclose what they actually paid for It.