ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£10k RB 182 (Motorsport)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting all the bs with the advert to one side, RB on 66k miles with full history and decent mods, isn't that a £6k car these days? Its now up for 7k or best offer? I've seen a 200 post page on Facebook entirely slagging off the advert. I now kind of want it, its all misdirection 😂

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Putting all the bs with the advert to one side, RB on 66k miles with full history and decent mods, isn't that a £6k car these days? Its now up for 7k or best offer? I've seen a 200 post page on Facebook entirely slagging off the advert. I now kind of want it, its all misdirection 😂
Well you'll be getting 32k worth of car

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone that spends 12k on a cage seats and their original interior removing is a proper slaphead
What if it was a full FIA international weld in cage, carbon fibre seats with personal mould. Would be 4k in seats and 2.5k in the cage propper top notch harnesses are £400 each. Then theres paintwork + materials, plus his labour at £57.50 per hour.

Yep still a slap head could buy an MKIndy for that money

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe the invoices are fabricated or altered? Just a thought as they aren’t believable.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What if it was a full FIA international weld in cage, carbon fibre seats with personal mould. Would be 4k in seats and 2.5k in the cage propper top notch harnesses are £400 each. Then theres paintwork + materials, plus his labour at £57.50 per hour.

Yep still a slap head could buy an MKIndy for that money
He stated it was a fulcrum cage and some bimarco futura seats iirc

So basically they added 10k for nothing😂

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That cage would do next to nothing if it was stacked. Almost as bad as those old K-Tec show cages....

Wouldnt say its a show cage, if its a Fulcrum item it will be of a nice standard, its just a rear cage that would hold the roofline in the event of going over. But in reality, its far from a car specified for motorsport use as the advert states.

No different to any other trackday clubsport style Clio, except this one comes with some Mark Fish bits of paper with lots of numbers on. :)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wouldnt say its a show cage, if its a Fulcrum item it will be of a nice standard, its just a rear cage that would hold the roofline in the event of going over. But in reality, its far from a car specified for motorsport use as the advert states.

No different to any other trackday clubsport style Clio, except this one comes with some Mark Fish bits of paper with lots of numbers on. :)

I guess why that’s why I always see it differently, when I hear the word cage I’m always assuming 6 point and upwards. No way would I track hard with just a rear bolt in.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess why that’s why I always see it differently, when I hear the word cage I’m always assuming 6 point and upwards. No way would I track hard with just a rear bolt in.
Thats the difference between a proper track car and the average joe who takes their road car on the occasional track day.
I agree, my idea of a proper cage is fully stitched, gusseted and as close to the roof/pillar line as possible. Wouldnt stop me adding a rear clubsport cage to my road car at some point though.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bolt in 4 point cage made from CDS with spreader plates is better than having nothing

You'd have to have a pretty nasty crash to seriously f**k it up. Most peoples that fail are using 1mm steel as a spreader plate or nothing at all and they pull through

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bolt in 4 point cage made from CDS with spreader plates is better than having nothing

You'd have to have a pretty nasty crash to seriously f**k it up. Most peoples that fail are using 1mm steel as a spreader plate or nothing at all and they pull through

That will depend on how you stack it.