ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£150 on ICE

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Well what are you after? Componants, amp for componants, sub, sub box, amp for the sub?

All depends on how serious you are about your audio i suppose.

Not a Clio
If I were you I would spend it on some half decent front components (16.5cm) for about £100.

I would then spend the rest of the money making baffles then sealing and insulating the doors with fibreglass and dynamat.

If you are a bit handy it's the best way to spend your cash IMO.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Be carefull though, as the pocket from the door card fits into the main access hole in the door skin. If you are planning on sealing the door properly, i'd make a fiberglass mould of the pocket and attach it to the door skin then deaden over it.

If I were you I would spend it on some half decent front components (16.5cm) for about £100.

I would then spend the rest of the money making baffles then sealing and insulating the doors with fibreglass and dynamat.

If you are a bit handy it's the best way to spend your cash IMO.

Mk2 172
Dont bother with components at that price level and just use coaxials in the doors and disconnect tweeters on dash. Use loads of dynamat etc!

Mini Cooper S
Just get a sub, take all bass/treble off the speakers with a low pass filter and crank it up!

Mini Cooper S
Well whats the point in spending £100 on components if you can't afford an amp to power them? £150 is a s**t budget to get any real improvements! so...LOL

I've got a sub and head unit with standard speakers, sounds pretty good to me. Never going to be a show stopping system, but nothing is for £150!

Black Clio GT
also depends on what car and model its for??
i would be spending it on some decent 5.25" front componets £50ish, disconnect rear speakers if you have any and a low power 8or 10" sub/amp/wiring package £100ish.....

Not a Clio
Well to my ears, spending £150 on some decent quality, larger speakers, properly mounted in deadened doors will sound better than a FLI sub in the boot rattling your car to bits with low quality "bass" completely disregarding the mids and highs.

The little Renault speakers in the doors just rattle about anyway, causing you to just have a bassy rattle box.

I must stress this is all IMO :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: