ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£2,000 Budget for improvements / mods... What would you buy??

260% JCW
But if we want to be keyboard warriors and troll people on the internet, he could afford to buy your car and still go on holiday. Good day :)

Good day indeed, We got offered £1500 notes for the weekend toy so that may cover a holiday to.......Leicester say......:clown:

Listerine & Poledo
rebuilt and strengthened drivetrain.
428 Cams & fresn belts
fresh OEM suspension

there's your 2k, and a much stronger car that is far less likely to spit the dummy

Clio 197 RB
Sportlines - £150.00
Brakes and Pads - £200.00
Panel Filter - £50.00
Yozza Exhaust - £400.00
Steering Wheel - £150.00
Recaros - £700.00 (Second Hand)
JMS Engine Works - £496.00
Silver Vision Bulbs - £20.00
3/4 Plate - £12.90
New RS Mats - £45.00
Skoda Splitter - £12.00
New Tyres - £200.00 - £300.00

Adds up to about £2500.00
I'd probably do this.

inferno 182.
go for throttle body set up! make sure you keep all your origanal parts though so you can return to standard if you sell!!! give ou 30bhp best £ per bhp without going stupid!!!show you my escos rep with jenveys on sat when you drop the seat off mate!!!;)

inferno 182.
prob going spark of a riot now but does all those mods give you 30BHP? m going to bed now before it all kicks off!!!:D
depend what improvements you want i supose!!! must admit id like alot of them thngs!!!!! LOL!!! got the recaros!:D
Sportlines - £150.00
Brakes and Pads - £200.00
Panel Filter - £50.00
Yozza Exhaust - £400.00
Steering Wheel - £150.00
Recaros - £700.00 (Second Hand)
JMS Engine Works - £496.00
Silver Vision Bulbs - £20.00
3/4 Plate - £12.90
New RS Mats - £45.00
Skoda Splitter - £12.00
New Tyres - £200.00 - £300.00

Adds up to about £2500.00
I'd probably do this.

If people are lucky to see 30hp out of Throttle Bodies, It's highly unlikely that exhasut/panel filter and some engine rework is going to see anything but a few hp gain in power a better noise and possibly a better throttle responce and smoother idle/acceleration.

Bang for buck, in a clio imo, is sort handling out. If you can hold speed better around bends then surely thats the biggest performance imrpovement you can make for track or fast road driving.
Just my 2 pence!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
considering i do what i do i ALWAYS recommend tuition before you do anything, you can have all the toys you want, but getting overtaken by a stock car is embarrasing (but also very satisfying for the driver of the stock car!)

Still the best answer so far!

sell it and buy a 182.

You could do that but if he has got a lovely example of the 172 then I would spend money on the 172. If I had £2000 to spend on mine I would upgrade the sound system, buy some ktec suspension parts and then buy an exhaust system, filter, remap and matched inlets.