ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£5k Trackcar.....

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So, a mate of mine has a mk2 Clio track car, and he’s considering replacing it for something else.

His budget is £5k. Hit me with your suggestions - but not another Clio! Lol

Go!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate has a mk3 MX5 track car.

it’s slower than my clio, by a considerable margin, But he has an absolute riot in it.

it’s such a well balanced and sorted car, plus wet track days become absolutely amazing instead of being absolutely s**t. 😂 Certainly sorts the men from the boys.

if I was doing another dedicated track car, I’d look at one.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
f**k paying five grand for a E36 328.

They were worthless not long ago, anyone who's anyone snapped them up and skidded the s**t out of them.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Cant believe nobody has mentioned a Saxo VTS yet.

The few nice GTi's that are left are just beginning to creep out of that budget, but you can get a properly well-sorted VTS easily.

Cant believe nobody has mentioned a Saxo VTS yet.

The few nice GTi's that are left are just beginning to creep out of that budget, but you can get a properly well-sorted VTS easily.
I'd love one was my first car but not seen anything decent for years! Where do you seen them?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love one was my first car but not seen anything decent for years! Where do you seen them?

I've had two GTi's, epic little cars.

I see them in just the normal places really. See them popping up on ebay here and there. Probably around 3 - 4k for a well-spec'd one with a strong shell.
The 106s are few and far between though

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
some sort of Kit car with a sylva badge on the front ( striker, fury, stylus, mojo, riot )

tell him to get his wallet out

8F84E5C4-5DAB-44C8-AC90-6A5CD8D1AECA.jpeg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
fiesta ST 150! 15" tyres, slick box, mint handling, easy to work on.

Jap and 'Jap' options are all rot boxes, as are proper BMWs at that price

Theres a supercharged MR2 Roadster on MR20C at the minute that has been rebuilt. They only want £3800.

Taken from the ad.

Our supercharger project car is now up for sale. I can't justify (or afford) to keep two toys taxed and insured, so it has to go.

It was bought locally with a bad engine and in an unloved condition, with the idea of making a project out of it.

It's one of the oldest MR2 Roadsters in the UK, I should think, being a 'W' reg. If I was keeping it I would treat it to a new set of tyres (the ones on it are old and nondescript but with plenty of tread and correct sizes). I don't know the history of the struts and springs.. Judging by the way it drives, they probably were done at some time.

There's 128,700 miles on the clock. It has MOT until Sept 2021.

The engine (a standard 1zzFE) has done around 1500 miles since it was rebuilt:
New pistons with modified oil control holes
New crank seals
New main and rod bearings
New rings and honed cylinders
Head skimmed with new valve seals and clearances adjusted.
New timing chain and sprockets.

The clutch was replaced at the same time. It has a new radiator.

In order to accommodate the supercharger, a custom stainless steel exhaust has been fabricated, including a one-off manifold, 200cel sports cat and a stainless high-flow back-box, with all the system after the manifold constructed in 2.5" diameter stainless.

There was a hole in the rear subframe which has been patched and welded. A new owner might want a new one - but this one is quite serviceable.

The car has had new front A-arms and track rod ends. New drop links.

Brakes have been gone through and are working fine.

All rust underneath has been cleaned, treated and painted,. None of it was structurally significant.

It has a TTE style mid-underbrace. (Probably a Matt Brace). If I was keeping it, I'd add a front strut brace.

The interior is tidy. The cloth seats are in good condition. The driver's seat has been re-covered.

It has a single din Pioneer head unit which does not appear to be connected to the speakers. I have not got involved with it.

The super charger was fully serviced when it went in – but it is a used unit. It is an Eaton M45 out of a Mini Cooper S. They are easy and cheap enough to buy should there be a problem. To our knowledge, this is the only supercharger set-up of it's kind on an MR2 Roadster.. Not TRD and not Rotrex/Procharger.

The ECU is a Speeduino and it's doing the fuelling. The Toyota ECU is doing the timing and knock protection.

It's making 5-6lbs of boost and it goes well. If a new owner wants more - you would need to have a smaller pulley made and then the fuelling re-mapped.

It was mapped by driving and logging and tuning accordingly. It has not been on a dyno so I can only guess at BHP. I think it's about 185 – it's definitely quicker than the stock car. The extra power comes in at less than 2500 RPM so it does what a supercharger should do – press and go!

The blue bodywork is rust free with a few small dings and plenty of paint chips. She's no concourse beauty, but still quite presentable.

The original vinyl roof is in very good shape and should give years more service if it's looked after.

The car is being sold AS IS. No warranty is being given or implied. Any buyer needs to understand the nature of such projects.

It can be test driven locally - but I won't be insuring or taxing it.

We can also put the car on our lift so it can be inspected underneath.

I really do not want to deal with endless PM's about details. If you are genuinely interested - please come and have a look. I certainly would not buy a car sight-unseen!

I realise I won't be getting back all the dosh it owes me so....

Priced to sell at £3800.

20200912_142915.jpg

20160924_110326_1 s.jpg

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
What's different to those in regards to a regular 2.0 Coupe?

A few bits n pieces.
Hyundai Coupe F2 Evolution - Main Changes
Power up by 12% to 154bhp
Zero to sixty acceleration reduced to 8.1 seconds
Peter Stevens-styled front spoiler and rear wing
Five-spoke 16-inch alloy wheels and Yokohama tyres
Leather-trimmed armrest, gear lever gaiter and handbrake gaiter
Cream-coloured dials and chrome detailing
Sony CD ICE system & Thatcham Category 1 alarm system.

All the interior stuff has gone in the bin.
Also gone has the pas, a/c and abs. Its on a diet.

Swift Sport
A few bits n pieces.
Hyundai Coupe F2 Evolution - Main Changes
Power up by 12% to 154bhp
Zero to sixty acceleration reduced to 8.1 seconds
Peter Stevens-styled front spoiler and rear wing
Five-spoke 16-inch alloy wheels and Yokohama tyres
Leather-trimmed armrest, gear lever gaiter and handbrake gaiter
Cream-coloured dials and chrome detailing
Sony CD ICE system & Thatcham Category 1 alarm system.

All the interior stuff has gone in the bin.
Also gone has the pas, a/c and abs. Its on a diet.
So if I was to buy a newer shape 2.0 (02-09) Coupe it would be slower?

Toyota Celica? The last of the line - 2005 and 2006 model. Its a sharp chassis.
Great handling coupe coupled to the awesome 2ZZ-GE engine. Being the later model (T-Sport) they aren't as prone to rust. For £5k you may even get a supercharged one running the Corolla compressor set-up.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Great handling coupe coupled to the awesome 2ZZ-GE engine. Being the later model (T-Sport) they aren't as prone to rust. For £5k you may even get a supercharged one running the Corolla compressor set-up.
I might start looking for one myself lol

I might start looking for one myself lol
Just looking myself :LOL:

£1500 ready to track! New AD08R's, Avensis big brake set-up, torsen LSD, stripped. Just need a decent seat(s). You'd need to check for rot though as my 02 plate was terrible at the rear, had to scrap it in the end.