ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-100

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Doesn't look bad Mark. You thought about using one of those OBDII bluetooth things, you can time all stuff like that and it won't cost the earth.

182 BG FF
Doesn't look bad Mark. You thought about using one of those OBDII bluetooth things, you can time all stuff like that and it won't cost the earth.

I want one of those there really good and really accurate, there alot of money though! £250 new

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I have the Torque Android app which can do this by GPS or by linking with the bluetooth OBD reader I have...may have to have a play this weekend.

Is this what 200's sound like? That sounds so growly and throaty!

In theory yes (but only if you put your head inside the airbox).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will have to give it a go on my turbo just as a comparison. Probably about 12-13 I guess.

My nova did it in the 8s according to the data logger built into the ECU.

BMW E46 330ci Sport
I may be wrong, but from what i can see the engine hesitates in first gear as it goes past 5500rpm. It looks like it stops increasing the revs for a split second. Whats that about? If you look closely you can see the acceleration decrease for a second in time with the 5500rpm pause.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I may be wrong, but from what i can see the engine hesitates in first gear as it goes past 5500rpm. It looks like it stops increasing the revs for a split second. Whats that about? If you look closely you can see the acceleration decrease for a second in time with the 5500rpm pause.

It was wheelspinning up beyond 5,500 rpmm so I had to ease off a little to get the front tyres hooked up again.

BMW E46 330ci Sport
It was wheelspinning up beyond 5,500 rpmm so I had to ease off a little to get the front tyres hooked up again.

Oh right that explains it. I was watching without sound at work. Maybe I should turn my speakers on. Nice video by the way.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
What microphone are you using Mark? I've go an Android phone and I want to route a microphone into the engine bay too.

I've thought about just using a standard headset mic with some extensions, but as they're only about a 70cm a piece, I'd have to get a few!

If you bought it online, any chance of posting a link for us?

Cheers.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
What microphone are you using Mark? I've go an Android phone and I want to route a microphone into the engine bay too.

I've thought about just using a standard headset mic with some extensions, but as they're only about a 70cm a piece, I'd have to get a few!

If you bought it online, any chance of posting a link for us?

Cheers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190647298803?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Comes with 3-4m of lead so pretty much enough to route it anywhere on the car...don't use it on my phone though...gets plugged into the side of my GoPro Hero 2.

Unlikely just extending a normal mic will work as it'll need power, hence me hunting out the one on the link above.

Rusty Cup
Mark I'm dissappointed not a pie graph in sight!! I like that you took the time to mic up the engine bay but I'm not guna lie I expected more!!

172 ph 1/ 19 16v ph1
i timed it at 7 secs to 60 and 16.8 to 100 (from your vid) because im sad like that haha :eek:

Rusty Cup
I don't doubt it, I checked my front tyres after 4k (3k of that in the wet no doubt) and they are half worn!! Pe2's would barely be broken in at that mileage. Bad times.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Really? It's PE2s I've chewed through. Road mileage and one light trackday at Llandow (2/3 of the day was wet). I will have just about scraped 10k out of them by the time I change.

Got some AD08s next so that'll be a laugh to see what they give.

GTD, Lupo
I have the monitor thing in mine and had a go on the 0-60 and 1/4 mile page once, I got;

0-60 - 6.71
1/4 mile - 15.2

Not sure if it's 100% accurate but the 200 should see 100 mph around 17 seconds if done properly.

Rusty Cup
Really? It's PE2s I've chewed through. Road mileage and one light trackday at Llandow (2/3 of the day was wet). I will have just about scraped 10k out of them by the time I change.

Got some AD08s next so that'll be a laugh to see what they give.

Thats shocking!! Although it makes sense that grip translates into tyre wear and the 200 ain't short of grip!! Ad08's have been on my wish list for ages I'll look forward to hearing what your thoughts are on them. Can't imagine they will be anything short of biblical.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Aaah ok Mark, make sense regarding the power I guess. However, this clip was recorded by one of the guys on the S2K forum using a GoPro Hero HD2 using only a £5 mic with a cable length of about 3 meters so figured power would only become an issue with much longer cable lengths.

So with that in mind, I'm going to give something a try with something I've just found on eBay...

I'm going to buy the below microphone at a length of 4 meters, use my Sony Xperia S (running Android ICS) for which I have a windscreen suction cradle that allows the camera to see through it. Also, some Android smart phones stock Video recorder don't cope well with using an external microphone when plugged in - so give this App a go, it gets good reports when used with an external mic.

Microphone: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SENSITIVE...s_M J&var=&hash=item4167e72228#ht_2015wt_872
Cradle: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Car...ers_Mounts&hash=item4168972b27#ht_1268wt_1105
App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwxLDEsInJ1YmJlc mJpZ3BlcHBlci5sZ0NhbWVyYSJd

Its going to be a very cheap experiment, and if it works - its going to be a very cheap GoPro (obviously not as good/flexible, but still great for the budget concious).

I'll post back with the results!

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB 182 195bhp
So just out of interest what is the real life 0-60 and 0-100 times for a 172 cup? When fifth gear had a trophy vs a 197 on track and the 197 was faster. There looked to be nothing in it on the straights, so why the slower acceleration figures here?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So just out of interest what is the real life 0-60 and 0-100 times for a 172 cup? When fifth gear had a trophy vs a 197 on track and the 197 was faster. There looked to be nothing in it on the straights, so why the slower acceleration figures here?

They tend not to be quite over 100mph on the quarter, and tend to take 15 seconds or more to run the quarter, so somewhere in the 16 seconds range I guess.