ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60 and 0-62 times of 172

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

send them to me and I will host them (I got a 100mbit server)

cmcewan@qmuc.ac.uk

its understandable that you own the car, so you would want to believe that time is correct, but fact is, official renault times are 7+ so without mutilating your clutch and having a very very good driver, youd get no where near it the real world.

We need to do our own times, with datalogging equipment!

S2000

Rob,

I think your just plain wrong mate!

When I ran 15.0 dead over the 1/4 mile I never gave the cluctch much abuse from the line. Now, to run that sort of time you have to be pulling around a 6 1/2 second 0-60.

320d M Sport

I did 17.2/3 to 100 as well.......i would suspect high sixes to do that. What car do u drive Rob? Fact is its 172BHP thats a fekkin lot!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I think another thing to be considered, but to a lesser extent is altitude and fuel used. Oh and temperature at time of testing.

One of our local motoring mags (Car Magazine - http://www.cartoday.co.zawww.cartoday.co.za) testeded the 172 in May last year (which means a mk1) down at the coast which means high humidity (70% and up) and temperature (around 30 degrees C)

We only have 95 octane available and with all those conditions the 0-62 time was 7.78 seconds (and these guys are no motoring idiots)

Up where I live the average temp is around 22 degrees, we only get 93 octane, and the altitude is about 1500m above sea level. Tested 0-62 for a mk2 is 9.23 seconds (Although this was a different mag - http://www.topcar.co.zawww.topcar.co.za). Im sure quicker times are available though.

320d M Sport

9.2!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO, they blind or summat? Probably climed into a Micra instead. What a load of horse sh1te!

Paddy

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I used to own a 1.0 micra, 0-60 time for that with 2 people inside was 16 seconds.. lol.. hehe

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Yeah, 9.2 is rather sh!te

Up here the 0-62 time is 8.5ish which is using 93 octane and at over 4800ft above sea level

CTR EK9 turbo

Itd be interesting to know how much all the cr@p they strip out of the Cup racers weighs and add that to the kerb weight of the Cup (900kg?). So thats a shed load of interior - equating to 135 kg on a mk.1, sounds about right. The seats must weigh an awful lot - has anyone weighed the individual parts like seats for example? With the side air bags and the leather trim they should be monsters.

Well i know for a fact that my 0-60 isnt around 5 secs as my friends pulsar destroyed me off the line!

I did pretty damn well against an RX7 off the lights, with him getting a slightly better lift off as i span the wheels slightly. Those things do the sprint in around 6 dont they?

Guess with the Cup then I should be hitting high 15s to 100 seeing as 172s are meant to do 100 it in 19 or 20???and the official time is 16.9 for a cup???

Fiesta TDCI

So the cup may be a couple of tenths of a second quicker than a standard 172, big deal!

For that small difference is it worth missing out on all the extra spec?

I dont think so!!

S2000

Cupsize,

Youre dreaming if you think the Cup will get into the 15s to 100!! Lowish 16s maybe, there was no oficial 0-100 times released for either car!