ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0002 plaque

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

What money do u want for it...email me or PM me

Paul

(mailto:paul@infinicar.com">paul@infinicar.com)

320d M Sport

lets get summat straight, do u actually OWN that car? Only youve been posting for a while now and I would have thought thatd be your very first post!? maybe not.....

I was always under the impression that 0002 was kept by renault as a demonstrator...

Where did you get it from?

S2000

I saw No.2 being blatted about by one of those tw*ts from Driven once, on wheels and deals on Sky. Looked very tidy!

Yes i got it from Julian. Chris actually sold it me. And Elliot served me. And yes he did want around 10k for it. My father knows George well.

My connection is slow so Im not gonna look at the video, but am I right in thinking youve just posted footage of someone ragging the sh*t out of the car hes just bought??? Thats just plain evil!!:eek:

ex Clio 172 owner :(

must have had the wrong plate on it then as it had a P plate on, williams 1s were L plates, 2s were M, 3s were N, which leads me onto a question... are there any late williams 3s on a P? I heard theres a few 16vs on a P but then it ceased production late 96. Cheers, nice clip by the way, had it on vhs somewhere, been looking for it for ages! Ta!

Chris,

I believe that this one (0002) was registered late by Renault (1996-97) hence the P Plate and it is in fact a Williams 1, making it unique!

;)

VW Potato

please, i might be missing something here, but what is the significance of it being number 0002? was it owned by someone famous or something? whys it more special than say number 1774, for instance (assuming that there was a 1774)?

g

The significance is that No. 1 (THE most desirable) was owner by Frank Williams himself, and has been written off.

Thus No.2 is the closest to the first one ever.

Coupled with the fact that it has a unique registration, in that it wasnt officially registered until 1996, and that it has barely any miles on it (17k I believe) make it the most desirable Williams available today.

I personally owned 207/400 and it was immaculate and well looked after by myself and the previous owner, but it had done 60k when I sold it and it was an everyday car, making it much less desirable than No. 0002.

By the way there were 400 Williams 1s.

:D

I have the original Auction booklet, and although i cannot divuldge the exact fee paid for it, i can assure you a largish fee secured the car.

LOL You came on to sell your car didnt you? You should keep it - the way you come across in your posts I think you will;)

Eddd,

I never knew that there were that many made, even for other markets, but I should maybe have clarified, I meant 400 UK cars.

Cheers

:D

Yeah 400 UK cars. 2500 in total i think. Dont you think its funny that a French company would make a French car on limited edition and make the first 400 (the best 400?) as right hand drive for the UK market? I wonder if Frank had anything to do with that? Kind of use my name and i want number one sort of situation? Nice to think he did. I dont really want to get rid of it, youre right. Always been a bit of a rear wheel drive jap car nut, but im starting to like this hot hatch lark.