ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0002 plaque

LOL My cousin has bought a RX7 - should be near the 300bhp mark but needs a de-cat first - drove it and its very nice - very quick but progressive not a punch - for the money hes shelling out im sticking with my Williams.He had a MY00 Scoob (brilliant car) before that but it wasnt as much fun as a hot-hatch. I think out of all the performance cars I have driven the Willie has been the most fun by far (so far)!!

Id love a williams 1,but being a 21yr old apprentice i think ill have to be sticking to my valver for a year or twoas soon as i have the cash im gettin one thou,and gonna mind it like a baby,which is made even easier cos i drive an old diesel charade during the week,and have a small garage at my disposal.williams 1 no.0002 is defo out of the question!unfortunately

anyone know what happened to No1 ?.....i know it was written off.....but what happened after ??....was it crushed ??....stripped for spares....or is it in a garage somewhere ??? collecting dust ?...........id buy it...& put it back on the road !!

Ive written to Frank and am awaiting a reply. Ill let you know when i know. It was written off in France so i dont know if it would have made it back to this country or not. Maybe the plaque survived.

Strombas right. 0002 was kept by us at the Swindon training centre on display. Eventually it was decided to register it and sell it at an auction. It went for a fortune I remember

Did you buy it at auction king, or was it acquired after the auction purchase?

Either way, I think it would be beneficial to share the purchase price with the other forum users as they may then understand why you are asking £10k+ for the car.

:D

I cant say the price because it is not my business to. More than i payed for it obviously. Why do you want 5 V6s? You must be very rich. Can i have one please. Ill swap you Williams 0002 ;) and a bag of jelly babies.

Is it just me or is anyone else really curious as to how much 0002 fetched at auction?

King, was it a private auction? lol

It was a closed auction to Renault dealers only at the British auction house in Measham. The description in the auction hand book which i now own says.....Clio Williams (0002). Sports blue, Williams velour trim, elec stereo radio / cassette, 820 miles. (ex management). I really cant say a price. I bought it from a family friend and he told me in confidence. Sorry.

i personally couldnt give a flying duck what king paid for the car.......fair play mate....someone trusted you with the knowledge of the original purchase price & you are keeping zipped on it....good on you.....we need more trust in this world...............king......why dont you contact a few musuems ....like Bueliegh < spelt wrong !...coz really thats where this car should go ...for future generations to admire........The Williams Clio.....the best hot hatch in the world.....EVER !!!.........hummm must mean the 16v is the second best then !!!;)

not interested in the plaque mate...id want the car !!! cant do much with just the plaque !!