ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02 broadband ADSL2 with my router?

Ford Fiesta
I have a Belkin F5D7632-4 router which I use with Tiscali and other providers I have had in the past few years.

I am now moving to O2 broadband and have been impressed with their call centres so far, so much better than o2 mobile call centres!

Anyway they include a wiresless router but I want to keep my belkin as I have already set it up on for home networking and file transfers.

Does anyone know if this model of belkin router is compatible with ADSL2 which o2 says it needs to be?

Liam

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep, product specs for that router says "ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+ Modem with Wireless G Router" so should work fine.

No problems using a non O2 router if you want to, i've used my netgear for a while but have now gone back to the O2 to make use of the voip cconnections.

Ford Fiesta
Yep, product specs for that router says "ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+ Modem with Wireless G Router" so should work fine.

No problems using a non O2 router if you want to, i've used my netgear for a while but have now gone back to the O2 to make use of the voip cconnections.

what VOIP connections? does it not work with other routers? Only voip i use is with my N95 8GB and truphone over my existing internet connection using wi fi wont with work with o2 on my belkin router?

Liam

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
No that'll still be fine, i'm talking about the phone connectors on the back of the router to allow you to use a normal telephone to make voip calls. O2 disable these as standard anyway so not really an issue, but i'm taking part in a trial at the moment using them.

Ford Fiesta
thanks for your help.

I couldnt find the product specs for my router anywhere on the net.

Ford Fiesta
I have a belkin router does anyone know what settings I need for the router, o2 say username and password are left blank however belkin technical say these fields must be filled in.

I could do with a step by step guide on how to set it up please...

Liam

Hmm, I think you need to be a bit more careful.

O2 is Be pretty much, and I know there is a "safe" list of routers which work with Be - some don't.. some require firmware updates if I remember?

As you have a Belkin, I'd recommend using the supplied router :p

172 Cup
Use the Thomson v7 they supply. Don't believe all the hype about other routers being better.