ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02 sensor light occasionally comes on... mid section deffo blowing/rattling

172/200 Cup
Hey guys,

Wondering whether or not to buy an O2 sensor for my 182 Cup (2005)

If I run a diagnostic on the car (using an OBD reader and iphone app) it tells me there is a fault with the 02 sensor, and I'm pretty sure it was just the pre-cat sensor it listed. Occasionally, I will see the dashboard light in orange light up but this can go away, usually after a good run however sometimes it just stays on. I probably see it once in every 50 journeys, perhaps less.

I know for certain the mid section is blowing, the little springs rattle away and when cold I can hear the blowing from under the car. I have the kit to sort this out and will do that this weekend, but should I fork out for the sensor as well? TBH the car runs fine, except when cold when the revs drop a bit quick during gear changes and this only lasts a couple of minutes so, should I bother to replace the cat sensor, or perhaps both, or is it possible that once it's no longer blowing that everything will be fine again?

Sorry, I did a search but this is a bit specific so I failed to find the answer else where!

Thanks!
Sibbers