ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

03 plate blue 172 Cup on A3

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
haha, did you? I wouldnt notice. I've been working my way underneath doing all the bilt hamber waxing in the arches,etc. I also used the clear spray wax on the bottom six inches of the car and its picked up every bit of dust,etc going so its going to need a really good snow foam at some stage before the Summer.
I've been changing a handbrake cable this afternoon so just wanted to have a little spin to double check that the rear brakes werent a bit tight and to fill up for the week. I've only had the car for a few weeks and am liking it more and more.
You mentioned that yours' has the Cup suspension - did you fit all of that stuff?
cheers
Will

mine is what you call a widetrack converted NON sport.
Sport clios are considerably wider, in terms of track, than normal ones: they use longer front wishbones, different hubs to house bigger discs and calipers, and obviously different dampers. The front subframe is also different with an extra gearbox mount. the rear axle has a thicker torsion bar as well, and disc brakes.
this means that if you want to fit sport suspension on a non sport you'd be limited to just rear axle and springs, because the front driveshafts would be too short once all the other components are fitted.

65 and 80hp diesels, however, share the same gearbox design as the sports, this means that sport driveshafts fit straight on (driver side has to be a Cup one) and so does the sport subframe with the extra gearbox mount.
i haven't got the cup setup, would be a waste on my car !

Mine is also a tad wider at the back thanks to some 10mm spacers, and it's also lowered on eibach springs.

It's all on my project thread, i followed what others had done before, a fellow forum member (GrahamS) describes the whole process in detail on his youtube channel, TrackIt.

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Hi. Righto, I'll have a good old look through that thread. I really need to get more to grips with how clios go together. First one for me. I see youre in Wimbledon. I'm in Kingston, are there many other members round our way do you know?
cheers.Will