ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v massive oil leak!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I'm stumped! The top and front of engine is coated in oil, underside of the bonnet is coated as if there has been an oil explosion! Alternator side is covered, gearbox side is dry

It's using a litre a day.

Sump is all good, oil filter all good
Breathers all good
Not coming from the dipstick or filler cap

Can't see any leaks when running or revving

Any common issues with this engine I'm missing?
IMG_20200123_133936.jpg
IMG_20200123_133341.jpg
IMG_20200123_133337.jpg
IMG_20200123_133332.jpg
IMG_20200123_132244.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Give the engine a good wash, degreaser and paint brush and some brake cleaner, then rinse it down with water.

Run the car to the end of the road and back, you'll see where the leak is.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Are the oil filler cap and oil filter both done up properly? lol
yep all good!
Cam Cover ?
bone dry!
Scrappies?
that will be next or a TCE conversion lol
Not the dip stick blowing out?
nope all good.

im stumped, got it at my garage tomorrow to strip it to bits and get a better look, its the fact its everywhere as if there has been an oil explosion but no signs of where its coming from when its running!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Give the engine a good wash, degreaser and paint brush and some brake cleaner, then rinse it down with water.

Run the car to the end of the road and back, you'll see where the leak is.
spot on! done this today and boom straight away I could see the mist landing on a coolant hose from where a missing inlet manifold bolt was!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
spot on! done this today and boom straight away I could see the mist landing on a coolant hose from where a missing inlet manifold bolt was!

Why is so much oil pissing out of a bolt hole for the inlet manifold?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Why is so much oil pissing out of a bolt hole for the inlet manifold?
when it was running for 5 minutes I could hardly see where it was coming from just a splatter landing on a coolant hose but I assume when its sitting at higher RPM on the motorway etc its firing it out!