ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v owners

Whats the quoted top speed for the 1.2 16v mk3 clios?

Mine has no problem getting up 2 115mph+ with one of them smooth anti-rain spray roads with a bit of decline. Is my speedo hopelessly wrong or what? My mates 1.1 (60hp)106 really struggles wen above 80 but mines still pulling at 100 effortlessly.

dont laugh 172 owners! lol..oops did it for you

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

105-106mph is the official reno line

but mine says 125 on the speedo in 5th @ redline

i had a confirmed 120.4mph from my garmin gps (slight gradient- not a cliff!)

lol some people have 1.6 16vs (focus) and have trouble getting 120.... but these little sh*tty 1.2s do it fine hahahahhaha

H22A7 Accord Type R

i had mine at 120, 6000rpm aint it? so on limiter id say 125ish......... ps.........where is the Red-line on the new clios............there are just the markings that get slightly thicker ............... prob is a speedo error to make us feel more like superheros............but it aint bad for 1149ccs or french engineering

lol. And the only time i have gone 120mph is when ive had an extra 2 people in the car, so im sure with my mirrors folded back, my shutlines masking taped and with everyone leaning forward id make 140..maybe :D

H22A7 Accord Type R

it would with the size of the wings on the Clio! I had 120 wi 2 others in it too!!!!! Oh, also raced a saxo furio last nite.........1.4! You can tell its lightweight! It pulled away from me out of the 50mph speed camera.......but i fcukd him on the outside lane of the dual carriageway corner!!!!! and he couldnt catch me then!!!! :) quick saxo tho!!!!!! Its obvious it has a bhp/tonne advantage!!! little tw*t!

H22A7 Accord Type R

...........it has more torque (for a start its got a bigger cubic capacity).......but weighs less! Hmm.......wonder why im loosing out then if yours can pull away from it i am guessing??? Must be my panel filter and modified Cold air pipe!

Im not sure mate, i only weigh ten stone if that makes a difference, theres no spare wheel, i use optimax, and have yoko rubber, oh and i rev the f**ck out of it lol

H22A7 Accord Type R

well, i weigh 10 stone, with spare wheel, amp and 10" sub, 6x9s........... lol etc etc...........he had his gf in, i had mine, and he pulled away........maybe i shall switch back to the optimax lol! like i say tho, he bottled it and i easily took him on the corner...........on the outside.........ah, isnt the Clios chassis well balanced :) felt good........ it was wet tho......... oops, silly me! just wanted to compare the two cars! He has wheel trims!!! so there is a weight saving for him!!! I might get a set of 13" super legerras lol!!!!!

that means steel wheel though, so heavier.

I agree the cars well balanced, but going aroud hairpin type corners i have this technique where ive got my right hand on the wheel and my left hand holding the left leg support on the seat so i dont lean against the window!

I am very impressed that my (our) car keeps up with motorway speed really easily, even in 5th, much better than my mates novas and pugs.

haha, steelies can actually be lighter than comparable size allows as they are not as thick. i use steelies on the track cause they are cheap and lighter than my alloys.

Steve: dont lean with the car haha......its not a bike, and its very bad driving technique. your shoulders & waist to hold you in.

H22A7 Accord Type R

14" steel wheels tho..............so its debateable! Books always state cars performance times may vary upon alloy wheels being fitted?!

As for the motorway, they are mint aint they! it must be due to the short ratio of 5th, but i keeps up easily, and you can overtake in 5th with no probs. just put the foot down and it reacts :) My mate has a 206 1.4, 16"s, magnex back box, nice lookin car, but on the motorway, my 5th gear pulls him inside out, especially on an incline!!! Maybe the clio is just super aero-dynamique!!! lol, sorry for the Pun!

BenR you telling me you sit forward out ya bucket seat and try to lean against the car? I just sit back and let the seat hold me, which then would mean i will be leaning with the car!? get me?

H22A7 Accord Type R

agree with u Steve.............the seat was designed to hold.........they are brill seats for standard id say

They are good seats, good side support, shame driving position is a tad high.

My biggest compliment was wen a bloke in a cinquento (a modded one, red dot development one) said "sgot bout 180bhp aint it" after i overtook him and we stopped at the lights. I replied, "yeah, almost" lol

They are good seats, good side support, shame driving position is a tad high.

My biggest compliment was wen a bloke in a cinquento (a modded one, red dot development car) said "sgot bout 180bhp aint it" after i overtook him and we stopped at the lights. I replied, "yeah, almost" lol

lol he did look a bit hippyish, but wen i have fog lights blazing and go past at over 100 i guess my girls mistakable for the 172 :p especially in black as it looks colour coded like them.

The only mod is a carbon vipercross induction kit & relocation kit(uninsured). I was sad enough to cut the front number plate as its thicker than the actual space for the plate (if you no what i mean?! lol). I reckon thats an extra 5cm2 of air allowed through to the filter! lol oh and samco hoses..gotta be 5bhp ;)

Are the rear seats removable? I was thinking of taking them out

H22A7 Accord Type R

oh a pipercross viper will make a WEE bit of a diffference lol!!!!!!!!! No wonder it shifts!!!! Ive got a tiny jetex filter in the standard airbox!!! lol

Right thats it... next time i go out and try to race someone im going to remove my rear seats, passenger seat, parcel shelf, spar wheel, tools, carpets, door inserts, speakers and dash board. I should be running about 850kg or less then as they are 930 standard..... I will find a 172 and show him how much money he wasted!!!

thats the spirit! im seriously going to remove the rear seats, maybe the passenger seat at the weekend (already done the spare & tools) and parcel shelf! Bring it on!