ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v top speed.

307 hdi (powered by derv)

Hi i have a 1.2 16v dynamique and was just wondering what top speeds people have had out of theres. This also includes the extreme and billabong.

cheers clioman.

someone, i think it was bambam, has got 127. apparently the gear ratios are the same for the 1.2, 1.4 and the 1.6, if this is true then thats probly right coz my 1.6 could go 127 if i pushed it hard enough.

The gear ratios on my 1.6 are not the same as my mates 1.2. I can do 100mph at 4750rpm whereas his is at 5000 ish.

stu

clio sport mk1 golf

chloe can go well fast but she aint keen on it and she has 8 valves. she likes her dense cold air too.

Monaco 172

on a nice cold night going down hill i can get my speedo to say 120mph!!!! but i dont know if thats accurate nice to think so as its standard.

yep i had mine at 127mph on the limiter in 5th (6500rpm)

was on the M25 before they installed the speed cameras just after coming out of a tunnel, fairly flat part of the road

the gearbox is allegedly the same in all the lower spec clios (1.2, 1.4, 1.6) although im not certain on this

if you watch my 0-100 vid you can compare the relative speeds, i changed up about 200rpm before the limiter in every gear bar 4th where i bounced it off the limiter

My new wheels have taken 5mph of my top speed..i can get to about 115mph..but every 1mph past 110mph takes forever. I was quite chuffed that my 1.2 was equal pegging with a 1.4 on the A127 on Saturday, and we both ran out of puff at the same point.

-Rob

well it is safe to say that my old 1.2 16v has been, and probably will remain the quickest there was/is for some time

E36 323i coupe

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 15 September 2003
My new wheels have taken 5mph of my top speed..i can get to about 115mph..but every 1mph past 110mph takes forever. I was quite chuffed that my 1.2 was equal pegging with a 1.4 on the A127 on Saturday, and we both ran out of puff at the same point.-Rob

Yes, I have lost a few mph, by putting 17" TSWs on the car, but then gained a bit by fitting an Ecotek CB26P. As regards top end. Can get 120 on the clock, and can beat a 1.4 on the 0-60 but doubtful about the top speed being too accurate.

Golf 1.4 TSI

got my 1.2 dynamique to 120 going down a hill and it could of kept going but i eased off as it scared me, havent even got my 172 to that speed yet.

prob not an accurate speedo tho

E36 323i coupe

None at all - people on this forum knock them a lot, but fitted properly they DO work. I promise you. Wouldnt consider fitting one to the CUP if it was crap

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 17 September 2003
what did you actually do to ur 1.2 16v bambam? or was it a freak of renault nature!?

it certainly was a freak of renault nature, produced 78.5bhp as standard

when modded, it would have been pushing much more, but i never got it on an accurate rolling road

all i added was a k-tec exhaust, pipercross s-spec air filter on k-tec relocation pipe

but the car just seemed happy to be thrashed all day long