ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v rockers/tappets adjustment

Ph2 172
Hi,

I haven't posted in a while as I sold my 172 but I'm after a little help for a family member.

The car in question is a 2000 'x' plate MkII 1.2 8v clio. He's decided to take the rocker cover off and have a play to try and fix a problem that in the end had nothing to do with the tappets/rockers!

Anyway, he decided that some of the tappets were too loose and decided to tighten them! The car will not run on idle, it'll only run when the acceleration pedal is pressed!

I've been given the task of repairing it as I know a little more about cars, however, I'm not 100% sure on it.

Has anybody got a guide or any pics of a 1.2 8v with the rocker cover off? I know the tolerences but do I have to do them in order and do I have to crank the engine by hand to find TDC or can I just use the feeler gauges at anytime in the cycle of the cam?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Nick.