ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v Silicone hose kit.

Ph1 1.2, Twingo GT
Dont know if this is in the wrong section, so sorry in advance if it is.

For the past few days ive been thinking about getting a Silicone hose kit for my little clio. Ive been searching all over the internet, when I remembered that K-Tec do a hose kit for the 1.2 16v, so I e-mailed them and asked if it would fit the 8v, they said no and I looked under my bonnet and realised it was a completely different set up (not that id spend £222 on a hose kit anyway).
I then heard from a friend that a company in the local area make up hose kits pretty cheap, JSperformance, I went in today and asked details about what they do and how they go about making up the kits, and the prices and any other information.
The guy said that they make up the kits by using stainless steel to make the shape of what that hose would be and wrapping the silicone sheet around it to make the hose, or at least thats the jist. I asked the price and he said im looking around £60 for a coolant kit, but then he asked if I was in any type of group or club, and he said to let the club know, as it could get a 10% or 15% discount if the kit gets about 5 customers, so if I go to them and give my car in to make up the hoses for a week or so and other people are interested, then we could all get the 10-15% discount, and you would all be able to get them off the shelf really, because I would have taken the hit by leaving my car with them for however long.
If anyone with a ph1 1.2 8v clio is interested, just drop me a PM ;)
This could also be another opportunity to get another discounted company for the forum, JSperformance :p
Give them a call so they know people are interested, if you are: 01522 534804

Located in Lincoln.

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong section.