ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 clutch

pb ph2 172
Is it possible to upgrade the clutch to say a diesel one or 172 etc
its a 1.2 16v and he clutch is way to light and vague for my liking

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Depends on the gearbox and flywheel fitted but the main question is why? I know you said it feels vague but seriously... It's a 1.2!!!

Fit a new unit for the car and just don't waste any cash on trying to make it something it's not.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's because the clutch is smaller than your average dinner plate on a 1.2 and depending on age may even be a concentric setup which are mega light anyway.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It depends entirely on the gearbox type mate. If its a JB1 then no chance as they don't have the internal diameter/clearance. If its a JB/JD then yes but you're gonna have to change the flywheel and by doing so you're going to increase the overall spinning mass to as the flywheel weighs much more... This *may* cause driveability problems as the 1.2 engine struggles to spin up the additional weight meaning it won't rev or pickup speed as freely.

I'm not big on theory though so I'll let someone else take over here with the math side of things:

I d omega/dt = T

Mick

Its a 1.2 plus think yourself lucky it hasn't got the heavy clutch pedal. and its an absolute waste of time faffing about trying to put a different model/spec clutch in it.

Imo just live with it or sell up:D