ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 conversion to sport engine

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V dynm
i have been considering doing a conversion on my clio and just wanted to know what i would actually need apart from the engine and gearbox to do this cheers:)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Not the answer you are looking for, but I really wouldn't bother. Will cost you more than it's worth to do it because you'd need uprated brakes etc aswell to do it properly.

I wanted to do this when my head gasket blew but after doing a bit of research its just not worth it, youd need the new engine, gearbox, new disks, pads (also the fact that the rears will be drums), depending on how the manifold fits you'll need one them, might need to cut in the loom to get things to work, then there the worry the mileage wont match to your dials.

In the end I just couldn't be arsed.

Yup

You'd need engine, gearbox, full loom, dashboard dials, driveshafts, suspension, rear beam, brakes all round, manifold, exhaust etc.. etc..

The insurance would be stupid as it's a conversion compared to just owning a sport.

Unless you're trying to do a conversion and not tell anyone to save on insurance/tax (both of which are illegal) there really is no point
You can pick up a 182 for £1200 these days and just chuck whatever bits you want to keep on to it

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As per all the other replies, unless you want to lie to your insurers I cant think of any good reason to do it when its so cheap to just buy the whole car.