ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 cup vs non cup for cheap track day car + occasional run around

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Been doing so much scouring of the internet for ideally a 182 Cup but now wondering whether, being the crap novice driver that I am, getting a car with cup suspension is really necessary?

In addition surely if I get really into trackdays ill end up putting upgraded suspension on anyway so it becomes less relevant?

Am I missing something?

Z4x2 & buying a 182
I wish I knew what the budget is?! I guess that's the issue...

Working out whether spending the extra is worth it dor the cup suspension?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I can’t imagine you’d spend more now on a car with cup suspension. If you’re planning on putting coilovers on then I’m pretty sure they’re cheaper for 54mm spaced hubs.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nah.

The way clios are these days finding a nice one will be the hardest part. Don't focus too much on wether it has cup suspension. Coilovers are avaliable more so without

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You can always just get a pair of 182 cup hubs and wishbones from a breaker, then fit 60mm coilovers and you have the same thing.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Buy my 182 full fat here’s the ad from when we bought it (i think it’s on 85k now).

It’s now on turini’s with 4 almost new tyres (also still have original wheels)

Since we’ve had it it’s had
Cambelt
Pas pump
Water pump
Airbag light issue sorted
Steering wheel
Sump gasket

It was my lads daily for about 10 months then he bought a 250 Megane, at which point I bought it off him. We’ve done Blyton and Cadwell in it without issue.

It needs a couple of minor jobs doing which is why I’ve not advertised it yet.

£2500 as it is with spare wheels
AE1D5A36-E4D7-433E-90D4-4FD9346CF18A.jpeg