ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 exhausts

Clio 1.2 Billabong
whats the best exhaust to get for my 1.2 16v clio? its a 2003 and im looking for one thats not too much money (preferably under 200) but still has a decent sound and doesnt look too bad.

i was thinking about an ashley competition cat back exhaust. but potn doesnt have it for my clio any more. so not sure what else to get.

any ideas?

Evo 6, E92 320d
The fiesta centre on ebay sell them, got mine from them on my last clio for £150 delivered. Nice sound allbeit a little droney at motorway cruising speeds due to the straight through centre pipe.

Clio 1.2 Billabong
just went and had a look when you replied, whats the seller like? and delivery times?

and does the exhaust sit below the bumper? or did you cut a bit out for it?

Evo 6, E92 320d
http://www.fiesta-centre.co.uk/
Thats their actual site, been about a while i think and i didn't have a bad experience with them.
As std the tail sits below the bumper, twin 3" pipe looks the perfect size imo. You could cut it into the bumper but it wouldn't look as good as a single pipe cut in.

Clio 1.2 Billabong
yea i didnt want it cut in either. i think i might just go for that then. thanks :) im getting paid tomorrow so might just order then. debating on just going for sportlines too.

was fitting a simple bolt on job? or was welding required?

Evo 6, E92 320d
No welding, you get a telescopic tube and you just clamp it. I didn't get any clamps with mine so you may have to get some, 54mm i think. Fitting the new is easy, removing the old is a bit more tricky. You can either drop the rear beam and slide out the whole exhaust (as its 1 piece from backbox to cat) or what i did was cut the exhaust infront of the rear beam and pull it out that way.

Clio 1.2 Billabong
yea i just want an exhaust with a nice burbley sound. maybe a pop or two, but seeing as its just a 1.2 i might be expecting too much.

looking at the ktec exhausts too, anyone know what the supersport stealth sounds like?

Clio 1.2 Billabong
yayyy :D love that popping noise.

i just cant wait till i get my 172 with yozzasport race and decat exhaust :D

oh yea instead of opening a new thread. the service light and passenger airbag warning lights come on now, and been on for a wee bit. anything to worry about? or is it just needing a service?

it came on a while ago then went off again, now its back.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
wires/plugs under passenger seat give them a wiggle should sort it, SERV light dont mean it need a service ;)

Clio 1.2 Billabong
yea ill try that then

will that help the passenger airbag light too?

although i think the car does actually need serviced. its at 41000miles and hasnt had its 36000mile service yet.