ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 gearbox ratio's

clio sport 182
hello all,

after a bit of advice if anybody can help at all.

the gearbox on my 182 has gone completely so in need of replacing. i know i can fit the 172 box in with the speedo sensor plugged but are the ratio's different and if so does it cause any problems?

the cost of a refurb is through the roof and cant seem to get hold of a 2nd hand 182 box.

thanks in advance.

172/1.2/E30
Ratios are not different. 172 ph1 boxes have a slightly longer final drive then ph2's and 182's boxes but will not cause any problems.
If you need a quick, good and cheapish refurb call Agency Transmission in Worcester.

clio sport 182
qouted £840 for the refurb and fitting but not a great deal of money to throw at it atm as its recently had almost £1k spent on different bits.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
£840?!

That's mental.

I've been quoted £285 + VAT for a full refurb of my existing 'box.

I'd be doing the removal and re-fit myself though, so there's a few hundred saved there.

clio sport 182
ive been looking most of the day but no luck. does anybody know where i will find a removal and re-fitting guid for the gearbox. ive seen bits in different threads but not 1 from start to finish.

any help?