ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 HT Leads

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Has anyone changed there HT Leads for Magnecor or MLR leads from ebay ?

Looking for a good decent set and I know that Renault now no longer sell them genuine.
Im not wanting to put some cheap Euro Car parts or another cheap set on the car so wondering about the above.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I am sure the leads I put on previously were the red magnecor ones. Never had any issues with them.
They'll match the trophy nice too Marc 👍

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I recently had to replace my magnecor leads as the rubber on a couple of the coil pack end connectors and spark plug connector had split. I’ll caveat this with these were on the car when I bought it 3 years ago and so have no idea how old they were.

Replaced them with a set of MLR leads from eBay and I’ve been more than happy with them, plus it cured the intermittent slow speed misfire that’s plagued me for 3 years, so win win.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
My brand new leads decided to break (genuine Renault) so the 182 is on some used magnecor I found in the shed that I can't even remember where they came from, maybe a breaker a few years ago and working mint

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I fail to get why the magnecor leads are crazy compared to MLR and Formula Power.

A596A3D9-5E32-4514-8A3B-9B05120440C1.jpeg
D0F41113-6899-46AB-A8C8-730B67441821.jpeg
845359E9-C79A-4BE6-B8E0-5E95BAF89CA0.jpeg

Rusty Cup

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm sure mine wasn't 120 quid. More like 40 or 50 if I recall? Was 4 years ago mind

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
As above, I never pay retail for aftermarket, so think all my magnecor came free with deals, along with some dags.

Found two more sets in shed actually this week