ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 induction kit help pls

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
depends what your looking for and what year the car is.

if your wanting an open filter for noise then their all the same, they will all make noise and loose you power so just go for the cheapest on k-tec or something.

if your not wanting to lose performance and want noise then go for enclosed kit but they cost a fortune for about 1bhp max!! lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Other than wanting a bit more noise, i wouldn't bother.

Or you could try clipping a rag over your inlet, i've heard that "makes a difference"

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
put the money in a pot and buy a 1*2 in a year or sumit...

all im doing the 1.2 is hear till i find a nice 1*2 oh and a nice insurance quote for one :)

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
igot a pipercross on my 1.4, sounds alright. make sure u position it in cold air!!!! i.e away from the engine and fan.

E30 318iS x2
I got a BMC CDA set up for sale which will fit the later 1.2 16v if your interested.

Great sounding and fully sealed system so only cold air gets in.

1.2 Clio Dynamique (blue)
i was just mucking around with my engine whilst trying to source inducton noise and to be honest,, if money is an option then just take the filter housing off and you will have an almighty roar i did with mine for a while but it is not recomended as there will be no filter lol and will most likely muck ur engine up! oh not sure if it will work with certain engines but i have the 51reg d7f engine.. at least i think its d7f, something like that which requires an adaptor plate for fitting an ik

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Other than wanting a bit more noise, i wouldn't bother.

Or you could try clipping a rag over your inlet, i've heard that "makes a difference"
yeh lol some 1 on here did that and it got sucked into the throttle body lol hahahhaha

I have a pipercross induction kit and powerflow exhaust and have knocked about 1.6 seconds of the 0-60 time.
They sound nice together..not too over the top.

172 Cup
I jus swapped the panel filter on my old 1.2 as that made more sense to me. If i was to put an induction kit on it I'd go for a Pipercross.

Iceberg 172 Cup
I have a pipercross induction kit and powerflow exhaust and have knocked about 1.6 seconds of the 0-60 time.
They sound nice together..not too over the top.

ROFLMFAOCOL!

immense, wish i could do that.

:approve:

ROFLMFAOCOL!

immense, wish i could do that.

:approve:

biatch! lol.
Not bad for a measly 1.2 16v...but I didnt do it for powergains obviously! I wanted it to sound nice and it does. oh and looks good..like the rest of my car.:rasp: